Major clutch problems! Help! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2016, 01:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Major clutch problems! Help!

Hello 97 civic with y7 engine. The problem i am having is a soft pedal that ends up being stuck on the floor.

Replaced the master about 4 or 5 months ago. Recently i had another soft clutch and it stuck to the floor. Looked at master it was leaking, also looked at slave and it was leaking also. Replaced both at same time, bleed the system numerous times and with vac pump. Problem im having is the pedal will feel great after bleeding. Then after a long drive cruising in 5th can start to feel it slowly getting soft again. I have bleed it at least 10 times now with a vac pump and also running a hose from slave right into master to not get any chance of air in system. . The master isnt leaking and neither is the slave and im also not losing fluid. But after a long drive or when it sits over night i get a soft pedal and it will stick to floor. Could this be a clutch issue or pressure plate or release bearing it self? Clutch inly has about 10-15k on it. Clutch,pressure plate, throwout bearing, release bearing, and flywheel were all changed. Stumped. Any help?
turbodirtyd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2016, 04:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Could be a bent/broken clutch fork or a pressure plate problem. What kind of clutch did you put in it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2016, 07:52 AM   #3 (permalink)

I believe I used a exedy stage 1 clutch.. but would a broken clutch fork or pressure plate make sounds? it is weird because after it gets soft and lose all pressure I bleed it and its good for a day/half day depending on driving it...Im not losing any fluid and if It was sucking air wouldn't it leak?

Old 04-19-2016, 01:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

is the spring still attached to the pedal?
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2016, 04:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

maybe your not tightening the bleeder enough?
robgoof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2016, 08:23 AM   #6 (permalink)

I replaced the hardline that was somewhat loose even when tight (from rubber hose to slave) was fine yesterday woke up in the morning to go fishing at 5 am started getting soft again. Yes the spring is attached to pedal(its tight in place and seems to operate as it should. My other question. How could it be a pressure plate problem or fork problem if bleeding it changes it? I got back from the boat at 4pm went to leave and pedal sunk to the floor with no resistance. Bleed it again(put hose from slave bleeder to master) bleed it felt great, got home woke up today and its getting softer again.
Old 04-22-2016, 12:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

go to autozone and buy 6ft of their pre-flared hardlines. find the ones with the same thread pitch as your clutch. run hard line from master all the way to slave. report back
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 04-22-2016, 12:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Sounds like an interior leak.
You said you replace the slave and master correct?
Where they with new parts?
Also any fluid level changes? Any wet spots inside the car?
Is the line from the resivor to the master swollen?

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2016, 01:23 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xile6 View Post
Sounds like an interior leak.
You said you replace the slave and master correct?
Where they with new parts?
Also any fluid level changes? Any wet spots inside the car?
Is the line from the resivor to the master swollen?

Slave and master are brand new changed at the same time. No interior master leaks, fluid level doesnt drop, and line from master to reserviour is a little worn but no wetness from any fluid
Old 04-22-2016, 01:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Could still be a master issue. Try when it is working good to just leave the pedal to the floor and see if the car starts to take off after a while (losing pressure in the clutch/line). If so your master could be faulty even if new (even more possible if aftermarket).

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2016, 02:59 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerDrinkin View Post
Could still be a master issue. Try when it is working good to just leave the pedal to the floor and see if the car starts to take off after a while (losing pressure in the clutch/line). If so your master could be faulty even if new (even more possible if aftermarket).
So when its driving fine just sit there and hold the clutch down? How could it be a master issue?
Old 04-22-2016, 03:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

leaking past the seals
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 04-22-2016, 04:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

90dirtydsi It's a JDM Star Bitches....90dirtydsi It's a JDM Star Bitches....90dirtydsi It's a JDM Star Bitches....

Either a bad master or air is getting pulled in thru the line between the reservoir and master inlet

RIP
90dirtydsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2016, 04:01 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
leaking past the seals
I agree, unless there's a pinhole somewhere that's letting you draw in air.

You write "long drive" or "overnight". This suggests that it loses pressure when the system isn't being pressurised. The only time that happened to me had been when there'd been a leak. But you also write that you're not losing any fluid. Are you happy that you're using the correct fluid?

Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2016, 09:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Heat is causing the master to expand and letting fluid by.

The the master is leaking after a hot drive and still good pedal, put the trans in first and hold the clutch to the floor, e-brake set..and wait. Within 60 seconds the clutch might start to grab and start trying to stall the motor.

Brake Master do the same. Perfect brakes when cold but once things warm up under the hood you get a sinking pedal.....like my CRV....

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2016, 08:50 AM   #16 (permalink)

Going on day 3 of driving. Most ive ever driven it without re bleeding. The pedal has little tension while pushing down, untill about 3-4 inches from floor then it gets stiffer. Yes i am also using the right fluid. Fluid levels are still the same. How would i be able to tell a leaky line without any signs of wetness, and also without buying a whole clutch line system and installing new?
Old 04-23-2016, 10:41 AM   #17 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

its leaking INSIDE the master past the seals in the piston
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 04-24-2016, 08:44 AM   #18 (permalink)

Going to rip out the master and slave and exchange for a new one. I figured advance auto parts are junk thats most likly the issue. If not then i do have a tiny leak
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in