D16a6 cable trans - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2016, 01:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 sedrostyle has been punished by the users of d-series.org
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default D16a6 cable trans

Hey everyone. I have a 40mm si trans and when I pulled it apart one of my shift forks are chipped and I cannot find a replacement.
If I look on majestic they do show #2-4 forks which is what I'd need. But they're discontinued.
I do see parts 24210-p20-a00 for a 92 civic. As a fork but I recently bought a set from a guy and it was the wrong set. They were like steel not cast like the ones I had.
I'm guessing the steel ones are from a y8
Can I just get a set from a 92-95
Or do I need to dig for another a6 si trans
Thanks in advance.
sedrostyle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2016, 03:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

don't think cable trans can use hydro internals, but Ill wait for bone or aqua to chime in
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2016, 06:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Which fork is busted? 1-2 or 3-4?

None of the 88-91, 92-95 forks are in stock, as well as the 96-00 3-4, from the dealers.

I have been buying up used cores of unknown condition just on the hopes of finding good L3 3-4 forks. I have ONE new one left and I'm saving it for my CRX transmission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2016, 08:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Of course you wouldn't want to sell it.
Haha it is the biggest one of the three.
Had a chip right in the center. I threw it together anyway because of the other set I found and got smoked on. But it's only a matter of time before it breaks.
Specially boosted :/
And with 300$ worth of internals in it. I'd prefer it didn't.

So what are my options.
Go hydro?
Find a good set of si cable forks
Buy syncrotech refurbished trans for 699
Old 03-04-2016, 11:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Clueless response, avoided the "what is broken" question.

What is really funny though, when people find out the trans. builders share some of their connections/locations.

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 03-05-2016, 05:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 27 Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aquafina

S40 forks are still available. I ordered several throughout the week.

Rocket Motorsports, MFactory, Torco, Action Clutch, HASport, Synchrotech, OS Giken, Gear-X, Wavetrac, Quaife
Official MFactory North American Installer

Aquafina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2016, 11:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquafina View Post
S40 forks are still available. I ordered several throughout the week.
Why I check the dealership 5-6 times a year to see if they might have restocked.

But I have another source for S40 3-4 fork for cheap, OEM reboxed? I'll see soon.

Quote:
Old 03-06-2016, 09:05 AM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 27 Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aquafina

They go on back order pretty often but aren't discontinued.

Rocket Motorsports, MFactory, Torco, Action Clutch, HASport, Synchrotech, OS Giken, Gear-X, Wavetrac, Quaife
Official MFactory North American Installer

Aquafina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2016, 08:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
Tape-R taper/driver

Rep Power: 17 LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

It doesn't have to be a 40mm trans for you to use the forks. A 35mm standard/DX would have usable parts.
'91 Civic Tape-R
'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
'03 Astro AWD
LowFlyin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2016, 07:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Bump from the dead.
Other post got deleted as I forgot I already asked for some help.
So if I remember correctly the one that's chipped is the very big one, closest to the input shafts spline side of the case.
I can rummage thru my pictures to find out for sure.
I'm just trying to find either a new one or what replacement would work in it.
I still haven't been able to find a good 5 speed cable trans set.
Old 04-15-2016, 10:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

I bought all that was left in Honda USA inventory, they are gone.

I have several used trans here that I split the case just to try to find decent forks.

Quote:
Old 04-16-2016, 01:05 AM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

No Bueno.
So keep a eye and snag all d series 5 speed trans ??
Thanks for the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in