Bearing and seal rebuild kit - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2015, 12:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 hondanickx smells like Borathondanickx smells like Borathondanickx smells like Borathondanickx smells like Borathondanickx smells like Borathondanickx smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Default Bearing and seal rebuild kit

So i saw some bearing and seal kits for sale on ebay in the us and in the uk also .I went ahead and bought a rebuild kit for my S40 A000 tranny from the uk seller.

I was expecting no name brand seals and quality bearings but turns out i got NOK seals and NTN / NSK / Timken Bearings .
After closer inspection of all the bearings i noticed some differences :

The oem (35mm) Differential bearings are NTN 6207CZ.
The ones they supplied are NSK 6207 C3 .

Oem ones have a steel seal on 1side these don't.These are also C3 clearance are the oem ones also c3 clearance?

The second top bearing on the counter shaft (below the grooved bearing)
Is oem NTN 6205UC/25 ,they supplied a Timken 6205 2RS bearing.
The oem bearing is open on both sides ,these are sealed on both sides.

When i contacted them about the 6205 2rs timken bearing they said this bearing was better then oem.All the new transmissions use sealed bearings ,and they supply sealed bearings whenever possible.
I cannot believe this bearing would outperform the oem bearing when it only has grease in it and doesn't get cooled with oil .Heat builds up and grease gets cooked if this was used in a racing car or not ?
They also told me that in the 90's these sealed bearings didn't existed so honda never used them ... ( Yeah right)

All other bearings where NTN and exactly the same as oem.

Should i use the sealed bearing or not ?
What about the missing seal on the differential bearings ?

Last edited by hondanickx; 11-22-2015 at 01:06 PM.
hondanickx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2015, 12:37 AM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 27 Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aquafina

The shield less diff bearings are fine. I've not tested sealed vs unsealed. 5th gear cuffs use a sealed bearing are work fine, but those transmissions get very few miles put on them.
Aquafina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2015, 07:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 hondanickx smells like Borathondanickx smells like Borathondanickx smells like Borathondanickx smells like Borathondanickx smells like Borathondanickx smells like Borat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquafina View Post
The shield less diff bearings are fine. I've not tested sealed vs unsealed. 5th gear cuffs use a sealed bearing are work fine, but those transmissions get very few miles put on them.
Thanks ,i also ordered the oem bearings to replace these ,cause i needed a new shim anyway.
Better safe then sorry

Last edited by hondanickx; 12-11-2015 at 11:06 AM.

Old 12-11-2015, 11:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

I got brand new oem synchro's and i still have brand new synchrotech carbon Coated synchro's .Which ones would be best to use for my S40 A000 transmission that's mostly daily driven ,and occasionally driven hard.
I also have some old Carbon coated ones from a friend where the coating on the first /second synchro has worn off and 5th gear is still visable.That transmission was only used a few Thousand miles.
So the coating wears off fast would it still be better to install the synchrotech ones?I believe they also have less teeth then oem?
Old 12-11-2015, 02:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

get rid of the early carbon pieces, why use known questionable pieces?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2015, 09:59 AM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 27 Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aquafina

Post a picture of them. If they are carbon coated, pitch them. If they are carbon-lined it will depend on when they were made, which I can tell by the pic.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rocket Motorsports, MFactory, Torco, Action Clutch, HASport, Synchrotech, OS Giken, Gear-X, Wavetrac, Quaife
Official MFactory North American Installer

Aquafina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2015, 03:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquafina View Post
Post a picture of them. If they are carbon coated, pitch them. If they are carbon-lined it will depend on when they were made, which I can tell by the pic.

They are carbon coated , the carbon lined ones didn't even existed back when i bought them from synchrotech.
You can also cleary see the coating that has weared off on some of the synchro's. I recently bought the carbon lined ones that are currently in my z6 trans.

I will use the new oem synchro's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in