Jdm d15b axle issues. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2015, 06:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Jdm d15b axle issues.

Hi all, new here, please go easy on me!

I am currently swapping a 92-95 jdm d15b into my 1979 civic.

I am a member of the 1st gen civic forums but as this is d series related I felt it would make more sense to come here for help.

Anyways, my issue is I can't find the proper axles for my tranny.

I have an 88-91 L3 trans (L3-1710563) and I bought the supposedly proper axles for an 88-91 civic ( part number: HO8055) and they do not fit. They are too small and there's a lot of play, and they're just not the correct ones. I've done a load of research and have come up empty handed. From what I've read it seems like all d series axles should work, but that's obviously not the case?

Anyways, would really appreciate some help with this so I can get some work done before the winter hits.

Cheers
eyjafjalladylan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2015, 09:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 9 v4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

is your transmission a sohc or dohc transmission? thats the only thing I can think of short of the parts store having the wrong axles in the right box.
v4lu3s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2015, 09:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

thanks for the reply. the place I bought the trans from states its an 88-91 sohc. It seems like i need a larger diameter shafts. The axles just kind of 'sit' in it. Is there any way to figure out whether its an sohc or dohc?

thanks
eyjafjalladylan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2015, 09:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
Asshole

Rep Power: 53 Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chrisfrom1986

There are different diameters between 4g hf/std civic and dx/si.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chrisfrom1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2015, 09:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Sounds like you got a DOHC trans, that isn't a bad thing. Much better gearing than stock.

jlicrx was a guru with the 4g chassis and he always said

Quote:
for axles on the 88-91 CRX/Civic with ZC transmission and stock front suspension, use the ZC intermediate shaft with 1 right hand 90-93 Integra axle and 1 left hand 90-93 Integra axle - remove the dust rings form the axles and hubs
Others will say you need custom axles from Raxles or some OEM ZC shafts.

I assume you are talking about the trans side anyways. If not the HF/STD hubs have different spline count than the DX/SI.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2015, 10:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyjafjalladylan View Post
thanks for the reply. the place I bought the trans from states its an 88-91 sohc. It seems like i need a larger diameter shafts. The axles just kind of 'sit' in it. Is there any way to figure out whether its an sohc or dohc?

thanks
pull the axles out and measure the snout diameter, and also count the splines

DO this on both the tranny side and the hub side.

What are your numbers? They will tell you what axles you have.

This will let us further track down the proper axles for you.

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2015, 10:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
lex
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 lex smells like Boratlex smells like Boratlex smells like Boratlex smells like Boratlex smells like Boratlex smells like Borat

Question is did you get the intermediate shaft?

Does the stamp on the casting say P20/B000?
Also check if it has LSD, some of these had such as factory option.
Some P20/B000 have stock Si gearing with 4.25 final drive, 14 bolt LSD, OBD0 dohc zc intermediate shaft and drive shafts.

DOHC ZC drive shaft Dimensions:
FR without ABS(passenger side)
FL without ABS(driver side)
FR with ABS(passenger side)
FL with ABS(driver side)

Last edited by lex; 11-18-2015 at 10:34 PM.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in