Steel braided clutch line? Cosmetic or worth it? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2015, 12:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 23 jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to jvtec8k Send a message via AIM to jvtec8k Send a message via Yahoo to jvtec8k Send a message via Skype™ to jvtec8k
Default Steel braided clutch line? Cosmetic or worth it?

As some of you know I've been having issues with my driveline and thinking of going D2b, but that really is my last resort. I have recently changed my master cylinder "last year" to a brand called Equal off of ebay, so maybe it's not as good as oem one? I will be ordering a new oem one as well as the slave. Anyway, I've been reading around about braided clutch line and some said it has more flex than the stock hard line which felt sloppy, and other's said they had more positive pedal response. I'd like for those of you who's running one to chime in and share your thoughts.

IPG has a kit on ebay for a bit to much

IPG Silver Steel Braided Stainless Clutch Line 92 00 Civic 94 01 Integra EG DC | eBay

And Streetrays for just a little over $40 bucks

Streetrays Steel Braided Clutch Line 92 00 Civic 94 01 Integra Replacement Clear | eBay

All of these are measured at 54" so i guess it must be right... I wasn't sure where to put this thread under so OPS please do what you must..

Thanks
Jun

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

11.7 119mph 2013 Ebay turbo 18psi
11.0 125mph 2014 23" M&h slipping clutch
10.8 132mph 2015 clutch slipped 418whp E85
10.4 150mph 2017 62mm D16 D2b

Insta: jvtec8k

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jvtec8k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2015, 01:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 23 jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via ICQ to jvtec8k Send a message via AIM to jvtec8k Send a message via Yahoo to jvtec8k Send a message via Skype™ to jvtec8k

I found some info on old threads.. Sorry if i double post but let's leave this open for now

Old 05-20-2015, 01:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

I used a hard line on the ej2. went to autozone, got a section of brake line, bent it and ran it from master to slave. tempted to take it off and throw it on the ej1 because itll never fail
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2015, 01:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
I used a hard line on the ej2. went to autozone, got a section of brake line, bent it and ran it from master to slave. tempted to take it off and throw it on the ej1 because itll never fail
-3an or is it -4? The items online doesn't say what diameter it is exactly

Old 05-20-2015, 02:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

its whatever the brake line fittings are. I just walked into autozone, walked to the steel lines, found the one I thought was long enough and installed
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2015, 03:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

dont do a hardline unless you make a few loops in it. engine vibration will eventually lead to it leaking. The loops will flex enough to allow vibration without potential damage.

Definitely NOT saying it will fail quick though. Most of us drive our cars longer then usual.

braided is fine. I usually dont bother "upgrading" a clutch line unless the clutch itself is much stronger

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2015, 03:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
dont do a hardline unless you make a few loops in it. engine vibration will eventually lead to it leaking. The loops will flex enough to allow vibration without potential damage.

Definitely NOT saying it will fail quick though. Most of us drive our cars longer then usual.

braided is fine. I usually dont bother "upgrading" a clutch line unless the clutch itself is much stronger

My clutch is definitely strong @2600lbs at the pressure plate. I am considering a braided line now. I mean, what else is there to lose right? Just would like to hear from some of you guy's experience with it.
Old 05-20-2015, 05:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 51 reviews

the other option is to replace just the rubber hose section with steel braided. I just happen to have one for sale

don't buy into name brands. everything is made at the same plant in china. I plan to use a ching-chang hose for tuck purposes only.

NeonPinHead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2015, 04:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 racejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcano
racejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

ipg is awesome contact them through their website for better deals than ebay
racejunke13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2015, 06:15 AM   #10 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

I prefer to keep as much hardline as possible, if I was doing this I would do it how mattlinson said. Loop some hardline like oem brake lines do and run it all the way to the tranny. Cheap and more durable than the braided line.

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2015, 06:45 AM   #11 (permalink)

Rep Power: 27 Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aquafina

What problems are you having?

D2B won't solve anything.

I use the OEM line. My original line failed back in November at around 300 some thousand miles. I replaced it with a new OEM line.

Rocket Motorsports, MFactory, Torco, Action Clutch, HASport, Synchrotech, OS Giken, Gear-X, Wavetrac, Quaife
Official MFactory North American Installer

Aquafina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2015, 07:38 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Yea, I am not sure what issue you are trying to solve. To much clutch pedal throw? A braided steel line is supposed to have less deflection than a rubber line, but it wont have less deflection than a solid metal line....

I use this one: Stainless Steel Clutch Line 92 00 Civic 94 01 Integra Black Complete Replacement | eBay

So far it works fine, but I havent had it for long, I got the plastic coated because I have heard horror stories of stainless braided lines wearing through various things they were touching.

I got this because I needed something easy and fast, and my car didnt have a factory option. I think people usually get them for a tucked look though, not because they are better performance wise than the factory option.

Last edited by JoelEspinoza; 05-21-2015 at 07:42 AM.
JoelEspinoza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2015, 12:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Everything works perfectly fine on regular driving but as soon as I'm on WOT or shifting at limiter it locks me out of gear... I've tried with different trans and it's giving me the same problem. After reading around, i came to realized that maybe my rear mounts inserts might be worn so I will have to double check on that as well.. Thanks for chiming in guys appreciate it.

Old 05-21-2015, 12:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

IDK about everyone else..

I made my own. My -3 line had plastic inner sleeve. My fittings used a brass ferrule for a tight seal.

Im not leaking, but I suspect the plastic is swelling.

2 reasons:
My clutch grabs towards the end of the pedal motion where as it used to be in the middle
My fluid is lower then when I filled it and no leaks anywhere. Slave or MC

I did use clamps to mount the line on the firewall and the trans so it sits still and doesnt rub.

I might replace with another SS line for a plug and play (and bleed)
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2015, 01:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 51 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvtec8k View Post
Everything works perfectly fine on regular driving but as soon as I'm on WOT or shifting at limiter it locks me out of gear... I've tried with different trans and it's giving me the same problem. After reading around, i came to realized that maybe my rear mounts inserts might be worn so I will have to double check on that as well.. Thanks for chiming in guys appreciate it.
yeah I would say the problem is with your mounts not the clutch line.

NeonPinHead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2015, 03:33 PM   #16 (permalink)

Rep Power: 27 Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aquafina

Check mounts, replace CMC and slave with OEM, adjust clutch per Helms. If that doesn't solve it the trans needs a rebuild.

Rocket Motorsports, MFactory, Torco, Action Clutch, HASport, Synchrotech, OS Giken, Gear-X, Wavetrac, Quaife
Official MFactory North American Installer

Aquafina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
steel braided clutch line

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in