Honda D Series Forum banner

Toasters Straight cut transmission

3K views 26 replies 20 participants last post by  Esotericimage 
#1 ·
HA! You fucks doubted him. I can't believe that he never followed up but I suppose he didn't want to gloat. I helped him install that bad boy and HOLY SHIT it rips. There were no problems. It did not grenade like most probably thought. I hope he see's this and uploads the video that Sam recorded hahaha its PURE D SERIES BADASSERY.

STICK IT TO THE MAN

#5 ·
#6 ·
LOL wut? Toaster's got a fanboi now?

Most of us usually just shamelessly post pictures or videos to brag about what we've done

Oh and as I recall from his transmission thread, most, including the transmission gurus, were pretty supportive of his efforts.

#7 ·
Lol no fanboiiii just family. I was just pissed to see that his thread got closed after being so careful precise building a transmission. Seemed like he was getting a lot of shit and I was being spiteful, I don't think turbo/straightcut/d-series has been done

#11 ·
The toaster is an arrogant douchetard. He's "right" less than 15-20% of the time. He has very little clue how to express himself in writing without sounding like he hasn't passed 4th grade.

I mostly ignore him. He's harmless to me, but his vitriolic diatribes cloud otherwise good discussion or point people in the wrong direction.

So, basically, W(ho)TF cares about alleged transmission other than you two? I still have seen no evidence that corroborates this supposed thing. I also don't get the point,even if it is a technically interesting project. It has very little appeal to me other than that. I'll be slightly impressed if it lasts a couple of years.

Until then, please GTFO.

#15 ·
I'm glad we are friends Matt:)

It sounds like we both belong in the 4th grade according to the content of your posts.

How's your CRX? I only have your blog bookmarked at the top of my browser...

I took great amounts of advice from you on here and other on places like OCO and H-T and helped the OP build an engine with a "Flat" TQ line that out-specced your engine by 50whp.

I've been on mostly this one forum and have learned and contributed what seems to me like a great amount.

Who are you to tell me when to go?

I do what I want.

I posted the gnarly gear thread because it was like pulling teeth to get all the info I was looking for, and I got it, after being called a douchebag on the first page, and it worked, and I followed up with it, like I try to with all my posts. Maybe all the shameless, embarrassed, coy posting makes it hard to find.

It still uses the Synchros, the idea of Dogs in a D16 case is laughable. That's what a D2B is for.

I had tons of help from you guys, knowingly or not, Transzex with the Needle bearing and years of experience, Aquafina, Bense, Kevino, OP, I'm sure others.

I'm hoping to have something of value to leave here in the FAQ after I leave and move on.

I'm gonna whip up a PDF with some pics so it can't be lost to the internet gods and hopefully the next guy won't get as beat up as me. I think the OP is just disappointed in you negative unhelpful dopes. I usually just set the work aside when I get discouraged, until I'm over it.

I got some ghetto instagram videos until I get my car back from the bodyshop.

Even with the LSD and 4.0 FD I still spin 4th (Maybe 5th too) from a roll, and is very nostalgic of the B16 trans.

I haven't seen videos of these gears with the turbo and wanted to experience it.

Hopefully in conjunction with the install guide, we will see more in the future...

I'll post the vids up later today, they are just teasers. Thanks for the kind words.

See you in a bit.

#25 ·
The video isn't showing up for me for some reason.

This is probably the only actually coherent post by you I have read. That's generally my issue with what you post: you sound like you are under the influence with an attitude. It's frustrating because you ARE capable, you just seem to not GAF enough to demonstrate that most of the time. *shrugs* Do your thing. I'll do mine. I doubt we'll agree on much, but that's OK, too.

#16 ·
A very dignified response. I'll have to look up the differences between straight cut and what normally comes in a d box. Very intriguing

#20 ·
That's all the video you got? Come on bro, stop holding back. Lay that shit down! I've been wanting to do this for a while. So (golf clap) for getting it done. I wanna see how well that holds up in the road course.

PS. I didn't see any hate on that old thread. All I saw was a lot of the more experienced members giving as much info as they were willing to give. I don't know about anyone else but I'll take any useful info given. It's better than half the shit you'll find anywhere else.

#21 · (Edited)
Transzex cleaned up that thread some..

Also got new Torco Fluid, Omni Quickclutch Master Cylinder, and some other goodies, this thing doesn't even have a cluster..

No idea how fast I'm going unless my computer is on.

It's at the body shop! I know I know,..

I'm tired of it looking like every other smashed civic, gotta do something about it, and I think you'd agree.

It will look better when the wheels come.

#23 ·
Since I have this hammer handy tonight....

Everyone chill out.

EGCoupe94, Beav, Wil, Toaster, etc....

The constant bashing is really getting annoying AND it is running people away, both here and the FB Peeps page.

Toaster, yes, your posts were coming off douche like, even annoying to me, let alone the loads of PM's. While I was trying to help in the other thread I was purposely being vague so that you would figure it out on your own. I injected my thoughts on the stuff I didn't think you'd see.

Sorta like everyone did when Beav was playing "kid with a 1,000 questions"....Matt, remember 10+ years ago? How Larry/TOO made us think?

I'm no angel either. But after talking with a few new guys to the SOHC scene that have the desire to learn, know the right questions to ask and know how to search, the recent bashing has left a sour note with them. I spent 5 hours yesterday with a "newb" that dropped off a freebie trans (in parts, bad bearings) that he opened himself to learn about. His Dad is only 4 years older than me, so Andy is very close to my son's age.

If this spitefulness continues, those few willing to learn are just gonna run away.

I will leave this thread open for now.

Toaster, take some time and recover your steps from the original thread and start a new one or maybe we can figure out a way to clean up the old hot mess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.