Clutch Slipping (only sometimes... - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2005, 03:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 15 LunyTunez will become famous soon enoughLunyTunez will become famous soon enoughLunyTunez will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Default Clutch Slipping (only sometimes...

Car: 94 Honda Civic Ex
Engine: D16z6
Mods: I/H/E
Miles: 189k

Issue: My clutch is slipping but only when the car starts to overheat or low on radiator fluid. When I brought the car the guy gave me receipts when clutch was done which was done last year of Aug. 2004. The clutch seems excellent because I can chirp 2nd, 3rd when pushing it. I don't really drive fast or abuse my car but maybe once a week on saturday night. I know the headgasket was bad when I brought the car though which is why I losing coolant. But can enybody help me out the clutch issues? Any suggestion?

- Unknown,

94 Honda Civic
LunyTunez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2005, 09:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
d-series smartass

Rep Power: 16 9000_red smells like Borat9000_red smells like Borat9000_red smells like Borat9000_red smells like Borat9000_red smells like Borat9000_red smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

get that head gasket replaced ASAP! that's not cool at all! your compression will be too low, and if you're leaking coolant through your exhaust, you can rust out your pipes and muffler.

and don't 'chirp' tires between gears, that's not cool either. redlining the motor and slamming it into the next gear for tirespin is a great way to grenade your tranny.

if you quit ragging it out, and get that gasket fixed and don't have a warped head, you may be fine if you're lucky and haven't already destroyed something.... and then look into the tranny.
9000_red is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2005, 11:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 15 LunyTunez will become famous soon enoughLunyTunez will become famous soon enoughLunyTunez will become famous soon enough

Thanks bro I get that fixed ASAP! But I don't drive crazy everyday only on saturdays I promise. All other days I never go past 65mph and never go into VTEC. Plus I can't redline the motor (only can go 6k) before rev-limiter hits. I have 5spd with an P28 a-52 ECU which is for an automatic. So I usually shift around 5.7k and or one/ two seconds after VTEC engages. One thing if you don't mind me asking are stock headgasket 3 layer metal or copper?

See yeah,

- Unknown,

94 Honda Civic

Last edited by LunyTunez; 07-22-2005 at 11:31 AM.

Old 07-22-2005, 03:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
d-series smartass

Rep Power: 16 9000_red smells like Borat9000_red smells like Borat9000_red smells like Borat9000_red smells like Borat9000_red smells like Borat9000_red smells like Borat

i'm not to sure, never had to do it.

just go easy on the ride, i hate to see an injured civic.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

I feel yeah. Good luck on your turbo project.

Peace,

- Unknown,

94 Honda Civic
Old 07-22-2005, 06:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
d-series smartass

feel free to pm me if you need help figuring any of that crap out.

good luck with your local mechanic.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Premium Member

Rep Power: 41 Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bizzar Send a message via MSN to Bizzar Send a message via Yahoo to Bizzar

Easy...blown headgasket eh? Sounds like you are pushing coolant out the overflow and running it over! Thats not a clutch slipping thats your right front tire spinning in the coolant lol. Revs go through the roof in an instant right?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bizzar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2005, 07:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
d-series smartass

kinda like when your cv joint boots tear and throw grease everywhere!! or when your oil pan leaks like a siv!! both would lube up the tires and keep you from getting traction, right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in