Speedometer stopped working - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2005, 03:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
BoogieDown

Default Speedometer stopped working

I have and 88 honda civic DX with a Z6 swap and a 91Si tranny. I was passing a stalled car and looked down after a few miles and speedo read 0.

After the swap the speedo needle would bounce up and down afew MPH. I was never really worried about this but now it doesn't work at all.

I checked the cable where it goes in the trans and it seems to be in there all the way. Theres a cotter pin or something an inch or so above where the cable goes into the trans. Hope this is enough info

Last edited by BoogieDown; 07-15-2005 at 05:02 PM.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2005, 05:53 AM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 necro smells like Boratnecro smells like Boratnecro smells like Boratnecro smells like Boratnecro smells like Boratnecro smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

U probably need a new vss.
necro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2005, 12:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 Apex001 will become famous soon enoughApex001 will become famous soon enoughApex001 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

the cable popped out of the tranny. the vss is ok unless you get a cel. hope this helps.
Apex001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2005, 07:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
needs a D

Rep Power: 16 b20vtec is da #1 stunnab20vtec is da #1 stunnab20vtec is da #1 stunnab20vtec is da #1 stunnab20vtec is da #1 stunnab20vtec is da #1 stunnab20vtec is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to b20vtec Send a message via Yahoo to b20vtec

try greesing the cable.
b20vtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2005, 08:43 PM   #5 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex001
the cable popped out of the tranny. the vss is ok unless you get a cel. hope this helps.
if the cable popper out it throws a Cel also.
builtD16a6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2005, 08:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 SleepingCRX88 will become famous soon enoughSleepingCRX88 will become famous soon enoughSleepingCRX88 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SleepingCRX88

try back of the dash cluster..maybe when u swaped it came lose from pullin on it...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<<< Share the rep
SleepingCRX88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2005, 02:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 Apex001 will become famous soon enoughApex001 will become famous soon enoughApex001 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

the cel you would get is the vss sensor. so if you dont have a cel then the cable and or vss is ok. maybe the speedo?
Apex001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2006, 03:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 i love honda will become famous soon enoughi love honda will become famous soon enoughi love honda will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

ok i am having the same porblem but my chluch was just replaced and then it stoped working so if u can tell me anything that would be cool
-APEXi IHI ball bearing turbo kit
-ARP head studs
-10lbs daily
-Tuned on Crome Pro

220whp and 182wtq!
i love honda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2006, 05:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by i love honda
ok i am having the same porblem but my chluch was just replaced and then it stoped working so if u can tell me anything that would be cool
What year Ford you driving?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2006, 06:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Black Dynamite

Rep Power: 23 Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Clutchmaster

yeah I swapped my tranny a while ago and now my speedo doesn't work
Clutchmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2006, 10:38 PM   #11 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 pork is learning the way of the Dpork is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

try getting a friend to help you let the car roll a little bit while you are pushing the vss cable in make sure its in the whole way .. thats how i fixed mine .
pork is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2006, 09:40 AM   #12 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

well mine is doing the same thing but i have check the cble like 20 time i think it is in but when i go to drive the cable never spins but i dont know i left it oof the speedo to try and see but that did not help i have no cells but i dont know what to do now
91crxd15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in