Tranny whining in my forced induction car - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2005, 05:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Premium Member

Location: In Pennsyltucky about 6 1/2 hours under civic4VW & 2.5hrs above Mods! (The sticks away from people)
Rep Power: 33 Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Rexinre Send a message via Skype™ to Rexinre
Default Tranny whining in my forced induction car

I put my ex tranny in with a my quaife and there is a little bit of whining in it. Only when I let off of the gas, when I am on the gas the littlest bit it goes away.

Is this normal for a Quaife? I don't remember it doing it before, although it did brake before.

Check out my civic build here -->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rexinre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2005, 07:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
oscarmayer

did you properly fill the trany with either honda manual trans fliud or pensoil 5w-30? is not you could be damaging it.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2005, 08:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

tranny's usually.. whine a bit... but 4 cyl tranny's shouldn't be that loud...
Soulfly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2005, 08:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
iisaintii

is this a different tranny?

usually a "whine" is the input shaft bearing... did you check it out or possibly replace it while the tranny was dropped?
Old 07-13-2005, 12:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

how is this forced induction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2005, 03:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
Premium Member

Location: In Pennsyltucky about 6 1/2 hours under civic4VW & 2.5hrs above Mods! (The sticks away from people)
Rep Power: 33 Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!

My car is forced induction! Thats how...

I replaced the input shaft bearing when I swapped the trannys.

I used the fluid that the book calls for, should I try honda manual tranny fluid.

Old 07-13-2005, 04:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
oscarmayer

yea you should
Old 07-13-2005, 05:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
Want access???

Rep Power: 1718005 modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 67 reviews
Send a message via AIM to modsHXcivi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexinre
should I try honda manual tranny fluid.
for sure

modsHXcivi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2005, 06:13 AM   #9 (permalink)

rotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Or the royal purple Manual tranny fluid too...
rotory20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2005, 08:00 AM   #10 (permalink)
Cool User Title Here

Location: 7.5 hours north of Modshxcivic, 6.5 hours north of Rexinre's house (he says only 5 hours) (MAINE)
Rep Power: 24 Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Honda4VW Send a message via MSN to Honda4VW Send a message via Yahoo to Honda4VW

Penzoil synchromesh

Honda4VW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2005, 07:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
oscarmayer

No nothign else shoudl EVER be used ina honda trany, especially synthetic fluid. the honda syncors will not operate properly and cuase issues and later wear out prematurely. use only Honda manual trany fluid ot "penziol" 3w-30 in very hot places liek desert cliements in summer you can sue 10w30, but nothing else. Turst me on this, I've researched with about 4 different soruces including 2 master honda mechs, they all say the same thing.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
Premium Member

Rep Power: 41 Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bizzar Send a message via MSN to Bizzar Send a message via Yahoo to Bizzar

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarmayer
No nothign else shoudl EVER be used ina honda trany, especially synthetic fluid. the honda syncors will not operate properly and cuase issues and later wear out prematurely. use only Honda manual trany fluid ot "penziol" 3w-30 in very hot places liek desert cliements in summer you can sue 10w30, but nothing else. Turst me on this, I've researched with about 4 different soruces including 2 master honda mechs, they all say the same thing.
thats odd...I have a used tranny with 130k miles on it that was shipped full of WATER!! Original syncros still. I replaced all the bearings, shift forks, slapped in a Quaife and have been using GM Syncromesh for the last 50k miles. Go figure its still holding.

Bizzar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2005, 01:52 AM   #13 (permalink)
Cool User Title Here

Location: 7.5 hours north of Modshxcivic, 6.5 hours north of Rexinre's house (he says only 5 hours) (MAINE)
Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
Send a message via AIM to Honda4VW Send a message via MSN to Honda4VW Send a message via Yahoo to Honda4VW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizzar
thats odd...I have a used tranny with 130k miles on it that was shipped full of WATER!! Original syncros still. I replaced all the bearings, shift forks, slapped in a Quaife and have been using GM Syncromesh for the last 50k miles. Go figure its still holding.

Old 07-14-2005, 01:53 AM   #14 (permalink)
Cool User Title Here

Quote:
Oddly enough so have I with no problems. Along with many many many many others.

Listen to Oscar, he is right! LOL

Old 07-14-2005, 02:20 AM   #15 (permalink)
I <3 TIG Welding

Rep Power: 24 9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!
9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 9295EJ-t Send a message via Skype™ to 9295EJ-t

i used a synthetic valvoline blend for a while.. and i thought that my tranny was going bad because it would grind when i downshifted.. but sure enough, i was told to use honda tranny oil, and when i swapped the lubes out.. no grinds at all! i definately recommend honda oil only!!! my tranny will occasionally whine.. but the way i look at it is.. the motor revs.. and so does the tranny (sort of)... why would it be bad if the both made noises? although it could be the limited slip decel?

9295EJ-t is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2005, 03:33 AM   #16 (permalink)
Premium Member

Quote:
slapped in a Quaife
Do you have any noises at all with your Quaife?

Old 07-14-2005, 03:34 AM   #17 (permalink)
Cool User Title Here

People generally go from Honda Tranny Fluid to synchromesh with Friction Modifier to eliminate grinds

Old 07-14-2005, 07:23 AM   #18 (permalink)
Premium Member

Rep Power: 41 Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bizzar Send a message via MSN to Bizzar Send a message via Yahoo to Bizzar

No no no do NOt use the friction modified crap. Thats when you will have problems.

Bizzar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2005, 08:47 AM   #19 (permalink)
Premium Member

Quote:
No no no do NOt use the friction modified crap. Thats when you will have problems.
Do you have any noises at all with your Quaife?

Old 07-14-2005, 02:55 PM   #20 (permalink)
Caddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarmayer
I've sourced this out myself as I am a tech, and have been in service and parts for a while too. I HAD to know these things for warranty claim purposes. (by the way, being in the Auto Repair business, most techs, even master, know about repairing the cars, but they don't source out the fluids, the parts or the service guys do) therefore "Honda Manual" tranny fluid is basically a standard 10w30 with a friction modifier. Honda does not produce oil and it is sourced from elsewhere (VAlvoline,Penzoil to name a few) In fact, in a lot of cases, most Honda service centers WILL use standard 10w30 and insert an aftermarker (thats right, after market. I'm talking, BG or Versel, etc,.) friction modifier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in