Why autos are better then manuals!!! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2005, 05:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
army_mechanic

Default Why autos are better then manuals!!!

Now before everyone starts posting calling me a dumb fuck for saying that an automatic is better then a stick, hear me out. Now I undertsand that most of you drive sticks and if your car has the same mods as mine and yours is a stick and mines automatic youll probablly win. But what happens if your going 100 mph and try to shift from 4th to 5 th and you accidently throw it in 3rd??? Whos going to win the race then??? There is a guy here in lexington, kentucky whos car has been in honda tuning once before (d16 engine). His AUTOMATIC transmission is being built by a local shop right now (look for it in honda tuning soon)while his engine is being rebuilt for 40psi of boost. And yes it is a d-series. Now guys i wouldnt make something like this up. He is also adding a 3500 stall converter. Now do you think your stick could beat that??? ALso every fast supra on the track is automatic i know of people who have stick shift supras and convert them to autos. Any fast drag car is automatic, true it is an air assisted 2 spd tranny but still an auto. Im just trying to start a good debate here. hope no one gets too mad about this post. Just let me know what you guys think..
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2005, 05:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Top Aussie

Rep Power: 17 nedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

i myself am an auto driver. I'd rather say they both have advantages and disadvantages. If your lookin for performance outta your auto box like running 40 psi then you are really going to need to strength the bitch!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
nedgeworth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2005, 05:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
dont fuck with me, I know some gang members

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Mod for mod and driver for driver, a manual transmission will own an automatic all day long.
Blanco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2005, 05:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 russianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

ok... do u realize what u just said? EVER FAST DRAG CAR IS AN AUTOMATIC. Now.. Unless you drive a 9 second all out drag car.. anyone would opt for the manual transmission. MOST of our cars do not run 9's.. or even 10's for that matter. now.... rethink what you just said. the same car with a manual tranny will beat a car with a AUTO tranny. It is different when ur car make 600, 700, or even 800 hp. Your FORCED to use an auto tranny due to the enourmous amount of hp and tourque. there is real no debate about this. its just simple reasoning. for low hp cars.... whichh almost EVERY honda falls into that category.. manual tranny is the best. and it will win hands down against an auto tranny. its just common sence.

Edit. If your stupid enough to be going 100 mph and shift into 3rd instead of 5th like u said.. that person is a dumb fuck. he needs to stop the car. get out. and NEVER drive a stick again because obviously he does not know how.
russianwonder32 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2005, 05:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 russianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanco
Mod for mod and driver for driver, a manual transmission will own an automatic all day long.
unless u are running TONS of power that is. single digit 1/4 miles.
russianwonder32 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2005, 05:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
army_mechanic

good comments guys.
russianwonder32 there is a kid here in lexington who just did this in a prelude but he did it going from 3rd to 2nd at 110 mph.
Old 07-05-2005, 05:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
army_mechanic

also how do you feel about the guy running an auto trany in a 40 psi boosted d?? And ye sit is being rebuilt with a race kit that is online for 400 $$
Old 07-05-2005, 05:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 16 kiloviper  is slowly gaining respectkiloviper  is slowly gaining respectkiloviper  is slowly gaining respectkiloviper  is slowly gaining respectkiloviper  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to kiloviper

Quote:
Originally Posted by russianwonder32
...If your stupid enough to be going 100 mph and shift into 3rd instead of 5th like u said.. that person is a dumb fuck. he needs to stop the car. get out. and NEVER drive a stick again because obviously he does not know how.
Yeah I was gonna say, if you do the above, you might as well go to school and get a bachelor's degree in "Driving Stick Sciences"!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Scott
kiloviper .... To an old man like me, settling on a Turbo is like settling for a whore. There's no work involved, she's loose and fast, just a hell of a lot cheaper than a wife.

Dr. Scott
Great buyers/sellers
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: MrHalder, ABTsportsline

Help a friend, spread some rep
kiloviper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2005, 05:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
army_mechanic

and one more thing. no matter how much hp your engine is putting out an auto is so much more consistent then a stick. and also russianwonder32 missshifts happen all the time no matter how good of a driver you are it could happen to anyone.
Old 07-05-2005, 09:12 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by army_mechanic
and one more thing. no matter how much hp your engine is putting out an auto is so much more consistent then a stick. and also russianwonder32 missshifts happen all the time no matter how good of a driver you are it could happen to anyone.
Consistently slower then a stick.... and mishifts like what you were saying only happen to dumb shits that dont know how to drive.
00civicsohc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2005, 09:20 PM   #11 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 zrowcool smells like Boratzrowcool smells like Boratzrowcool smells like Boratzrowcool smells like Boratzrowcool smells like Borat

a mis-shift that bad is truly amateurish... and also drag cars also run autos for consistency.
zrowcool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2005, 09:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 d16a6 power is learning the way of the Dd16a6 power is learning the way of the D

For pure drag racing auto's are the best. They are more consistant and they can change shiftpounts and stalls and make them very efficient for drag racing. I love to drive a manual transmission car though...i think its the only way to drive. Im more into roadracing though.
d16a6 power is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2005, 09:40 PM   #13 (permalink)

i dont feel sorry for the kids mishifting there cars. s2000 owners do it alot.

pays me 25 hours to put a new motor in there car, since honda is nice enough to send it to me in pieces and i gotta assemble it.

25 hrs for 10 hrs of work. i wish there were more bad drivers out there!
projekZERO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2005, 10:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 G-rat will become famous soon enoughG-rat will become famous soon enoughG-rat will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to G-rat

manual is what makes the race interesting. not just dependiongon the car but the driver as well.
G-rat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2005, 10:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
Jesus

auto=no fun...that is all
Old 07-05-2005, 11:03 PM   #16 (permalink)
calboi510

the only things an auto is good for are

driving in traffic
talking on the phone and driving
eating and driving
and shaving and driving
Old 07-06-2005, 12:07 AM   #17 (permalink)
Shackle me NOT!!!

flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....

Quote:
Originally Posted by russianwonder32
Edit. If your stupid enough to be going 100 mph and shift into 3rd instead of 5th like u said.. that person is a dumb fuck. he needs to stop the car. get out. and NEVER drive a stick again because obviously he does not know how.
2nd that
flatfourfan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2005, 12:19 AM   #18 (permalink)
Ferio inspired

Rep Power: 31 NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....
NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

you should change this to, autos can be just as good as manuals given the right conditions.
90 Civic EX 4dr- turbo D15b (sold)
98 Civic EX 4dr- USDM (99 front) (sold)
92 Accord EX 4dr- ricermobile(sold)
NastyHabitzCRX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2005, 03:01 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

I love my auto, but if I were to take it all back I would go stick.... but I do admit my high stall converter is sure nice
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2005, 04:03 AM   #20 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Most "really fast drag cars" are dog boxes. Comparing your stock AT tranny to a full race built dog box is well crap.
Auto's are more consistant for bracket racing that is why alot of drivers use them also.

Moral of the story auto transmissions have been fighting speed with consistancy since creation.
Searexsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in