i need a new clutch...BAD!!! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2005, 11:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
I <3 TIG Welding

Rep Power: 24 9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!
9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 9295EJ-t Send a message via Skype™ to 9295EJ-t
Exclamation i need a new clutch...BAD!!!

well, as most of you know, the florida meet is comin up... and i have a slippin clutch!!! ok.. so this is whats up.... once the motor is "warmed up and ready to go," the clutch isnt! i wanted to race my friend with a b20 vtec ej hatch, and when i went to dump the clutch from 4k, the clutch just wouldnt catch, i had to short shift just to get some catch! after he whooped my ass miserably, i pulled up next to him, and the smell of burnt clutch filled the air! ha ha! i guess 10psi is too much for a 6yr old oem clutch and plate! well, to make a long gay ass story short.. my clutch slips when i reach full boost! i figured somebody here on d had to have an ole clutch (anything is better than mine!) layin around, and maybe i could take it off your hands!!! i am hope'n to get a stage 2 clutch! but i........ am broke....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

9295EJ-t is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2005, 03:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
I <3 TIG Welding

Rep Power: 24 9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!
9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!

bumpin!!!!

Old 07-01-2005, 05:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
The H Badge is it!

Rep Power: 20 SOHC_Rules is hot as a volcanoSOHC_Rules is hot as a volcano
SOHC_Rules is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 30 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SOHC_Rules

perhaps the for sale section or maybe even the wtb forum....

Old 07-01-2005, 06:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
d-series smartass

Rep Power: 16 9000_red smells like Borat9000_red smells like Borat9000_red smells like Borat9000_red smells like Borat9000_red smells like Borat9000_red smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

sell your body, and get a 6 puck
9000_red is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2005, 06:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series wise guy

Rep Power: 17 kommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kommon_sense Send a message via Yahoo to kommon_sense

How much torque are you putting down? Take a look at the exedy organic racing clutch... Seems like I also heard that ACT has a new 6-puck with a sprung hub.

|
|
kommon_sense is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2005, 08:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 G-rat will become famous soon enoughG-rat will become famous soon enoughG-rat will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to G-rat

is your ej1 painted electron blue i see. so is mine, but i had the same fear that would happen when i was goin to turbo my car. the clutch splipped bad enough already and with the turbo i was sure it would slip when it hit full boost.
G-rat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2005, 11:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
I <3 TIG Welding

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommon_sense
How much torque are you putting down? Take a look at the exedy organic racing clutch... Seems like I also heard that ACT has a new 6-puck with a sprung hub.
right at 160lb/ft... i would buy a new one.. but right now i dont have the room in my budget...

Old 07-01-2005, 12:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series wise guy

Rep Power: 17 kommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kommon_sense Send a message via Yahoo to kommon_sense

Talk to klungemonger... He had a clutch and flywheel for sale. Good seller... I've bought from him before.

https://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22890

|
|
kommon_sense is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2005, 12:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
I <3 TIG Welding

i notified him... waiting for a reply...

Old 07-08-2005, 09:53 AM   #10 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Street2uned  is slowly gaining respectStreet2uned  is slowly gaining respectStreet2uned  is slowly gaining respectStreet2uned  is slowly gaining respectStreet2uned  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

we warned you...
Street2uned is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2005, 10:54 AM   #11 (permalink)
I <3 TIG Welding

what was i warned about? i dont remember you warning me bout nething? it is an old old old clutch, so i should've been expecting this, but for some reason i didnt????????

Old 07-08-2005, 10:58 AM   #12 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Street2uned  is slowly gaining respectStreet2uned  is slowly gaining respectStreet2uned  is slowly gaining respectStreet2uned  is slowly gaining respectStreet2uned  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

yes, randall and I told you that you are gonna need a new clutch the night you showed us the pic of the whole turbo kit. We were chillin at fccj. We also mentioned sometime after that, the potential problem with boosting a motor with 150K. 10psi isn't gonna help that motor man. Seriously, I wouldn't drive it until you get that fixed, but thats just me. That's why I garaged my EJ, I was whoopin all over people, 3 pistons and all. But I decided it'd be in the best interest for my investment if I just let it sit 'til I could fix it. Do you're own thing, but I'm just givin you a heads up.
Street2uned is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2005, 11:11 AM   #13 (permalink)
I <3 TIG Welding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street2uned
yes, randall and I told you that you are gonna need a new clutch the night you showed us the pic of the whole turbo kit. We were chillin at fccj. We also mentioned sometime after that, the potential problem with boosting a motor with 150K. 10psi isn't gonna help that motor man. Seriously, I wouldn't drive it until you get that fixed, but thats just me. That's why I garaged my EJ, I was whoopin all over people, 3 pistons and all. But I decided it'd be in the best interest for my investment if I just let it sit 'til I could fix it. Do you're own thing, but I'm just givin you a heads up.
right now i am workin out a deal with this guy, where i am gonna give him the head of the b16 for a jdm d15bvtec with low miles... and possibly something even better.. like send the whole motor for a somewhat built bottom end... and i dont normally let it spool all the way to 10psi... normally shift befor 9psi comes around...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in