auto trans vibrates - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2005, 06:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

dubbedcorde It's a JDM Star Bitches....dubbedcorde It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dubbedcorde Send a message via Yahoo to dubbedcorde
Default auto trans vibrates

hey i know u all hate autos but we are stuck with one and it likes to vibrate at about 30-40 mph. it isnt the half shafts they have been replaced. i am thinking the trans might needs flushed out or something. neideas u guys got besides swappin to a manual (my girls car she cant drive stick) let me know
dubbedcorde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2005, 07:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
silvertuner98

r u sure its the trans, could be a bent rim, out of alignment, or even an axle very slightly bent. does it get worse when u speed up... more info mang lol. does it come and go, only if in a certain gear?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2005, 07:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

nope new axles, done it with 2 different sets of rims, alignments fucked but it has done it before i messed up the alignment, and goes away when u speed up. its only in the 30-40 range most of the time its about 33-36 mph. like when u r driving in a 35 zone it pisses u off haha. its done it since i got the car i just ignored it but its really starting to bug me. plus i am starting to try to put some power into it. i just wanna make sure the trans dont die on me.

Old 06-16-2005, 10:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

not all of us hate autos my friend
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2005, 04:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

oh ya i forgot this isnt honda-tech haha i didnt know how many ppl here had autos. its kinda nice actually seeing some ppl with them
Old 06-17-2005, 07:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 Cuong-Nutz will become famous soon enoughCuong-Nutz will become famous soon enoughCuong-Nutz will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Cuong-Nutz Send a message via MSN to Cuong-Nutz

I really find it hard to be the tranny at fault here. Since you say it's not wheels/tires nor axle shafts, it's probably something with the engine. When's the last time you changed out the plugs/wires?
Old 06-17-2005, 08:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Location: cleveland ohio, land of snow, salt, turbo deisel dualies, and lip-spoiler destroying potholes
Rep Power: 16 YakuzaKirby is fly like an eagleYakuzaKirby is fly like an eagleYakuzaKirby is fly like an eagleYakuzaKirby is fly like an eagleYakuzaKirby is fly like an eagleYakuzaKirby is fly like an eagleYakuzaKirby is fly like an eagleYakuzaKirby is fly like an eagleYakuzaKirby is fly like an eagleYakuzaKirby is fly like an eagleYakuzaKirby is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to YakuzaKirby Send a message via MSN to YakuzaKirby Send a message via Yahoo to YakuzaKirby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuong-Nutz
I really find it hard to be the tranny at fault here. Since you say it's not wheels/tires nor axle shafts, it's probably something with the engine. When's the last time you changed out the plugs/wires?
i've got an auto... and with my old engine... it used to do the exact same thing- i thought my tranny was goin... so i changed the oil and tranny fluid and it stopped doin it- but only for a few days... and then it started doing it again... and about a month later i threw a rod...

when i finished up my turbo build and drove it- there was no vibration at all... of course now my engine is melted- but ya know..

current car=
'87 Supra 5-speed Turbo Targa-
LIPP Boss series T04E-61mm, LIPP AFM housing, Lexus AFM, BIC DDP, 3.5" downpipe-back, K&N intake, HKS SSQV, GReddy Profec B boost controller, Apex'i AFC NEO, HKS 1.2mm mhg, wideband with AEM AFR gauge. Walboro 255lph pump, RC820cc injectors stock suspension. Block Bored .020 and decked by Webber Racing, Head milled .010 and 5-angle valve job by Webber Racing
ARP rod bolts, ARP headstuds... Clevite 77 bearings
483rwhp @22psi
putting it back together...

oh yeah. and i have a turbo del sol. almost forgot. lolz.

BTW. COD4. XBOX Live gamertag = AM6 Zero

I will newb-tube the fuck out of you. lol
YakuzaKirby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2005, 09:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

hmmmm that alwayz sounds good. alwayz wanted a new motor haha. oh well ima flush the trans and some other stuff next weekend since its time for a new water pump and timing belt and see if that helps. if not d15b here we come hehe
Old 06-18-2005, 05:36 PM   #9 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Vibration

If you want a D15B, I have one in my garage that i got when I bought a bunch of other stuff. Let me know if you want it.
Skcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in