auto to 5spd. conversion - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2005, 10:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
army_mechanic

Default auto to 5spd. conversion

i was wonderin what it would take to convert a auto to a 5 spd. i know i need the tranny (duh), flywheel, clutch, pedal asembly, center consol. what else do i need to complete the swap. how much would all that cost at a junkyard (ball park figure). And how much wouold a shop charge to do somethi ng like that? thanks.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2005, 10:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 hondaboy92 is a name known to allhondaboy92 is a name known to allhondaboy92 is a name known to allhondaboy92 is a name known to allhondaboy92 is a name known to allhondaboy92 is a name known to allhondaboy92 is a name known to allhondaboy92 is a name known to allhondaboy92 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

parts and labor around here are about 1500 for the swap..the labor is alot more expensive than the parts..trust me

1993 Honda Civic EX - D15B7 Goodness
1991 Nissan 240sx - RB20DET Power
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hondaboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2005, 10:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

over here in MN most shop dont even do it and if they do 3000 with parts and labor!!! rip huh?? thats why I just put a high stall converter in my civic......
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2005, 11:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 20 k1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcano
k1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

ecu, shifter assembly, all the linkages, im not sure but i think but depending on the obd, you need intake manifold and sensors...cant think of anything else...

*Mia*
2000 Honda EJ8 D16Y8
EJ8 Squad #269
k1dfreeze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2005, 02:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Reppin the D

i think theres a way around swapping the center console
Old 08-31-2005, 05:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
cree

i'm nearly done grabbing all the parts for the swap myself... with upgraded clutch, flywheel, press plate, short-shifter, and labor (a buddy & i will be handling it), i'm probably going to lay out about 6 bills.

all the local shops here want to charge me a minimum of 1500 clams to do the job. if you're adventurous, pick up a helms manual, buck-up ur cahones, dive in, and spend the 900+ you saved on performance upgrades...
Old 08-31-2005, 05:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
silvertuner98

if u can swap out the transmission, that is the hard part. that and bolting up the pedals. dont believe me? i just did it to a 92 hatch that is getting a b20z with gsr trans. i paid $1500 total for my auto-manual swap and u know what, its a rip off. do u NEED reverse lights, do u NEED a neutral safety on ur clutch, can u swap out ur intake manifold???????
Old 08-31-2005, 05:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 20 k1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcano
k1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

swap and parts = $900...you can keep the manual center console, the auto plate (part with the P R N D...) comes out as 1 piece, so you need to cover that area with a shift boot...you dont need reverse lights, but you need the reverse sensor so they come on, neutral safety i dont even know what that is...and you need to swap the mani/tb

*Mia*
2000 Honda EJ8 D16Y8
EJ8 Squad #269
k1dfreeze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2005, 05:51 AM   #9 (permalink)
silvertuner98

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1dfreeze
swap and parts = $900...you can keep the manual center console, the auto plate (part with the P R N D...) comes out as 1 piece, so you need to cover that area with a shift boot...you dont need reverse lights, but you need the reverse sensor so they come on, neutral safety i dont even know what that is...and you need to swap the mani/tb
if its in a 92-95 i believe u can wire up the iac valve to work for a manual swap bc its still only 2 wires where as the y8 has a 3 wire auto iac valve, which is why i have to swap mine. havent done it yet bc im not in limp mode and i can still drive it and dont have til as of yet to do the swap even tho the parts are at the machine shop getting ported out. as far as the slider goes from the auto shifter, i believe u can unhook the two big thickass wires and hook them together to make it work. a neutral safety is where u have to have the clutch pressed in b4 it will even kick the starter over. that means no starting of the car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in