Awd?? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2005, 09:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Awd??

i didnt think that the civic ever came in awd, even in japan. i know that there were some late 80s-early 90s wagon that had awd, dut this says its from a 96. not interested in getting it myself, but i thought it was pretty interesting. it gave my some ideas tho!

AWD
racerpat94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2005, 11:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

old news integra D16 tranny.

Honda Interga, figure it out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2005, 06:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Tarmac Spec

Well here's the question Sir Bone...

What's the torque split? Is it beefier then the Wagovan tranny?

Hmmm. CRX with Integra AWD, Integra AWD rear control arms and custom CRX back half. Hmmm.

Would probably have to modify the shift linkage and such, and try to find halfshafts that fit. Plus it seems that tranny on Ebay doesn't come with a rear diff or halfshafts either, so I'd have to locate those. But I think it could be done.

Hell, I'm sure it HAS been done.

Stimulate my curiosity Bone.

- James

PS- Just noticed I'd have to do the cable to hydraulic conversion too. But if memory serves me correctly, doesn't Hasport make an adaptor??

Last edited by Tarmac Spec; 06-06-2005 at 06:05 AM.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2005, 05:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

it's a wagovan tranny, cable shifted, clutch action doesn't matter

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
90si

Btw I did look into that at one point , the trailing arms on the 91 awd are teh same part number but teh stub axel is different, I also have a cad jig diagram
that will work if you change your fuel tank to a fuel cell in a ef chassis
with the zc / awd tranny & a ford center link (2 part drive line) with a irs mount like a jag or datsun or vet and teh awd 91 cv's
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2005, 07:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 16 Sporqster is learning the way of the DSporqster is learning the way of the D
Send a message via AIM to Sporqster Send a message via MSN to Sporqster Send a message via Yahoo to Sporqster

I would be all over this if I had any confidence that I could make it work on the ol grocery getter... my long term goal has been to make the 4-door civic keep up with my WRX on the AutoX course... this could be the missing link...

I bet I'd end up fabbing all the rear end driveline though... anyone know what the ratio on the rear diff would need to be... and does the honda have a center diff? Any links to read up on this?
Sporqster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2005, 08:27 AM   #7 (permalink)

Keeping up with the WRX's in AUTOX???
The secret is LIGHTNESS
STS 89-91 Si Hatches kick azz.

Adding 4wd hardware would seem to go the opposite way adding weight
HumanResource is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2005, 09:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

just only 10% power goes to the back, and you get funky cable shifted 6 speed tranny.

Quote:
Old 06-07-2005, 10:13 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 16 Sporqster is learning the way of the DSporqster is learning the way of the D
Send a message via AIM to Sporqster Send a message via MSN to Sporqster Send a message via Yahoo to Sporqster

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex
just only 10% power goes to the back, and you get funky cable shifted 6 speed tranny.
Oh... well that hardly seems worth the effort then...

STS would be a good class, but motor swap + turbo = SM. Which is a place no 4-door civic belongs. It's still fun to get groceries in though!
Sporqster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in