throw out bearing? not sure - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2005, 02:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fourstarcivic
Default throw out bearing? not sure

ok... so ive got this knocking coming from the trans. it goes away when the clutch is engaged. so i am almost positive the throw out bearing is bad. so if i am taking out the trans i might as well upgrade the clutch and flywheel also. so i swap everything and throw the trans back on start it up and it is still knocking is it possible that the throw out bearing that act gave me is also bad, is the throwout bearing just rattleing on the fork, is the slave cylinder not performing right? any one else have this problem please help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2005, 02:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 sohcnovtec is learning the way of the Dsohcnovtec is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Mine clutch does something similiar. It seems that when the clutch is engaged or when it's in nuetral( as long as the pedal isn't pushed in) it makes a sort of whining noise. But when I press the clutch pedal in the noise goes away. Now it didn't start doing that until after I changed my timing belt at 87,777 miles. It now has 99,000 roughly. Seeing as how I think mine might be the thow-out bearing as well. But I am going to replace thee clutch soon and I'll just ahve to wait and see if that fixes the problem. As far as your problem goes, you say there is a rattling in your trans? Is it hard to shift gears? If it's hard to shift gears maybe your shift rails are damaged. If your not mechanically inclined it might be a good idea to have someone who is or just have a shop take a gander at it.
sohcnovtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2005, 03:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

shifting is smoothe as silk replaced the bearing clutch and flywheel and its still there i think i might tear it down and take a look if nobody can help me out here with this lil problem

Old 06-02-2005, 03:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 steve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eaglesteve98ex is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

i had a similiar problem and was told it was the input shaft bearing. i swapped transmissions and have the old one apart, at least on of the bearings does seem bad.
steve98ex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2005, 01:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

well the isb bearing was shot so i just got a jdm trans with lsd throwin her on then rebuilding the other one to start the conversion on the auto 96... thanks for the help
Old 06-03-2005, 09:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
allwheeldriveturboboxer

Rep Power: 26 builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!
builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to builthatch

i have this sound too; super knock when clutch is out, perfect when clutch is in. it's impossible to tell if it's throwout or mainshaft bearing until you remove the trans...

I have a feeling it might be the throwout on mine since i put almost 100% lucas oil stabilizer in there and it did not change noise level at all vs. the MTF...that Lucas stuff has always diminished noise such as this at least a LITTLE...not this time.

Oh well, i have a d15b trans coming, i really am trying to figure out the benefits of adding an SRR 4.5 or 4.7 and if all the 92-00 FD's are the same fitment.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

builthatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2005, 08:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series wise guy

Rep Power: 17 kommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kommon_sense Send a message via Yahoo to kommon_sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by builthatch
Oh well, i have a d15b trans coming, i really am trying to figure out the benefits of adding an SRR 4.5 or 4.7 and if all the 92-00 FD's are the same fitment.
99.9% sure that the SRR FD's won't fit in the jdm d15b tranny.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
kommon_sense is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2005, 09:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
allwheeldriveturboboxer

Rep Power: 26 builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommon_sense
99.9% sure that the SRR FD's won't fit in the jdm d15b tranny.
fill me in! what is the diff. between the sohc hydro trannies in terms of fitment-

first things first; will the d15b tranny bolt to my y8? i was always under the impression they (z6/y8/d15bvtec) were the same where it matters, sans minor differences like shift forks etc..

Last edited by builthatch; 06-04-2005 at 09:05 AM.
Old 06-04-2005, 02:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

JDM D15B LSD tranny use a different ring gear bolt pattern.

Katman had pics.

googled and found on H-T........

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=585043

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.

Last edited by transzex; 06-04-2005 at 02:45 PM.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2005, 04:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
allwheeldriveturboboxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex
JDM D15B LSD tranny use a different ring gear bolt pattern.

Katman had pics.

googled and found on H-T........

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=585043
bone, jsut incase anyone doesnt see the other threads-

thanks,

the one i am getting is not LSD, so it will be ok with the SRR.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in