z6 trans worth? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2005, 05:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default z6 trans worth?

hey, i have a z6 hydro trans with 177k on it. it came with an ex swap that i just need the engine from. the guy told me it has no grinds just needs a new throwout bearing and its good. i was lookin through here and most people said a hydro trans w/o grinds can go for over 200 and i also searched the for sale to see what people were selling them for. the ones that actually listed prices were over 200.

i pmed a guy on another forum that was lookin for one and asked 200 but he said he hadnt paid more than 100 on one before. so am i asking too much? i know it has a lot of miles, so maybe the ones i was lookin at before had less miles which made the price go up. what do you guys think would be a good price?
roppetty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2005, 05:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cool User Title Here

Location: 7.5 hours north of Modshxcivic, 6.5 hours north of Rexinre's house (he says only 5 hours) (MAINE)
Rep Power: 24 Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Honda4VW Send a message via MSN to Honda4VW Send a message via Yahoo to Honda4VW

200 is good if it has decent bearings inside

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Honda4VW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2005, 07:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

makku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to makku Send a message via MSN to makku Send a message via Yahoo to makku

i paid $70 for one with a completely trashed input shaft bearing and broken shifter fork. Plus it was incredibly dirty inside.

I think the parts cost me $60 or maybe a little more... plus spending time to fix it would bring it to about the $200 level. So if it's perfect, yeah $200 is good. I've actually seen good trannies go for $250+.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
forecast for tomorrow... a few sprinkles of genius with a chance for DOOM!
Quote:
But I thought you said TV was bad?
It is... but we fucking need it.
makku is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2005, 09:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Likely it is the ISB that needs replaced, not the throwout bearing.

I only pay $75 for EX/Si "cores" and then install ISB and seal, inspect the 1-2 shifter fork.

$200, or $250-275 if I replace the shifter fork.

I have sold a tranny for $300 on here only because I had to replace a bunch of bearings also. I normally make about $50-75 for my labor on a tranny.

Unopened trannys go cheaper, because it is like buying a mystery gift, you never know what is inside!!!!! At 177k, the likelyhood the ISB needs replaced, might as well drop another $60 and replace the 1-2 shifter fork also.

Also, counterpoint, I watched a CLEAN 5g EX tranny go for $405 on ebay with 60-80k miles on it. It had to have been steam cleaned, which likely water got inside the tranny! NOT GOOD!

Also, I HATE SHIPPING TRANNYS!!!!!!!!! It takes a good hour to pack one properly! A 17" PC monitor box works the best. Most are doublewalled, atleast the good ones are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2005, 09:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

makku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussie
Send a message via AIM to makku Send a message via MSN to makku Send a message via Yahoo to makku

at least you're shipping it right... the guy I bought mine from just wrapped the dirty, oily tranny in saran wrap and threw it in a normal cardboard box with barely any foam packing.

FEDEX wouldn't deliver it to my door because it was leaking (plus they lost it for a while)... I had to go pick it up myself

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-01-2005, 08:59 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex
Likely it is the ISB that needs replaced, not the throwout bearing.

I only pay $75 for EX/Si "cores" and then install ISB and seal, inspect the 1-2 shifter fork.

$200, or $250-275 if I replace the shifter fork.

I have sold a tranny for $300 on here only because I had to replace a bunch of bearings also. I normally make about $50-75 for my labor on a tranny.

Unopened trannys go cheaper, because it is like buying a mystery gift, you never know what is inside!!!!! At 177k, the likelyhood the ISB needs replaced, might as well drop another $60 and replace the 1-2 shifter fork also.

Also, counterpoint, I watched a CLEAN 5g EX tranny go for $405 on ebay with 60-80k miles on it. It had to have been steam cleaned, which likely water got inside the tranny! NOT GOOD!

Also, I HATE SHIPPING TRANNYS!!!!!!!!! It takes a good hour to pack one properly! A 17" PC monitor box works the best. Most are doublewalled, atleast the good ones are.
yeah, i wsa just going by what this guy told me. i have a site that deals with people in virginia only thats really active. only prob is d series stuff is sold for cheap, which is good for me since im building one up, but bad if i'm trying to sell. but i wouldnt have to worry about shipping. im not sure i could get 200 from there just b/c the demand isnt high.

i dont really wanna mess with the tranny i dont think, but i also dont want to sell someone a fked up trans when i'm saying it's ok. i assume its possible to find out if anything's wrong with it by opening it up? if i did that what would have to be replaced, assuming i dont change anything in it? any gaskets and stuff that has to be replaced whenever you open it?

im just tryin to sell it to make some money back on the engine. i bought the full swap minus ecu and harness for 300 bucks. from everything i saw that was a good deal even for an engine alone, so i figured i could just sell the other stuff and make it an even better deal. but like i said, i wanna know what im selling someone so i dont fk them over by charging a lot if its messed up
Old 06-01-2005, 09:06 AM   #7 (permalink)

damn it!!! tell me what site is this??? I need cheap d-series stuff in VA badly !!!

please...

BTW, you can tell if the input shaft bearing is fucked up by just spinning the shaft. It'll click if it's bad... at least, mine did.

As for broken shifter forks, well, I don't know... only symptoms I know of are grinding going into gear while driving.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by makku; 06-01-2005 at 09:09 AM.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:51 PM   #8 (permalink)

dragva.com

it'll have at least 3 or 4 new pages of updates in the forsale thing. takes them forever to authorize you though. i couldnt pm or post for like 3 weeks, still managed to nab the engine though. luckily the guy had a screen name and actually used it, lol. but its a cool site, everything seems pretty cheap
Old 06-02-2005, 08:56 AM   #9 (permalink)

thanks I'm going to check them out... rep for you

Quote:
Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in