Just installed Exedy stage 1 race clutch - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2005, 02:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
Tomola

Unhappy Just installed Exedy stage 1 race clutch

Heya pplz,

So yeah I got the clutch installed and my OEM fly machined at the same time. Done around 500 miles now. Seems to be a problem:

At low RPM's 900-1400 like slowly moving around a car park it has a really rough engage point like, click..click..click..click really loudly people stading outside look at me thinking WTF?? Makes it really difficult to get up my driveway into my garage and also park the car anywhere. What's wrong, was it installed correctly, should I get somthing adjusted? It deosn't seem to be getting any better?

Thanks.....
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2005, 05:22 AM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 mongose99 is learning the way of the Dmongose99 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Im going to guess its more of a bearing problem. Did you replace the throwout bearing when you replaced the clutch? Does it only do it when youre getting into gear?
mongose99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2005, 03:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tomola

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongose99
Im going to guess its more of a bearing problem. Did you replace the throwout bearing when you replaced the clutch? Does it only do it when youre getting into gear?

I had a workshop do it for me, because I don't have the tools. But yeah it does it when only getting into first gear, all other gears above are fine. Also when downshifting with out double clutching - For example:
Like i'll be going 60km/h in 4th and then shifting into 2nd and letting out the clutch it doeas the same stutter stutter stutter...click...click..click untill the clutch has fully engaged with the flywheel.

If the throwout bearing is part of the origional clutch kit then, i'm 100% sure that would have been replaced it's quite a reliable shop - they do everything for me.

Finally someone else mentioned that "What's happening is the stock flywheel is now lighter and there isn't as much volume to absorb the chatter - it happens with all lightened flywheels and not to worry it's all normal"
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2005, 04:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 mongose99 is learning the way of the Dmongose99 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomola
Finally someone else mentioned that "What's happening is the stock flywheel is now lighter and there isn't as much volume to absorb the chatter - it happens with all lightened flywheels and not to worry it's all normal"
Well granted i have a lightweight flywheel made by fidanza and not a lightened stock flywheel, but ive never had any problem with chatter. I mean the thing weighs like 7.5lbs, so its pretty damn thin and light. So im not sure how accurate that "dont worry its normal" statement is. But if the throwout bearing was replaced, it should have been, and your shop is pretty repuatable then i might say that maybe its your tranny.
My tranny has a shot ISB, Input shaft bearing. It used to just kinda click when my tranny was in nuetral or going into first gear, thats about the only time you could hear it. Recently it keeps getting worse and you can hear it through all the gears, blah blah blah. Anyway, do a search for input shaft bearings and see if you come up with. Im not saying that the ISB is the problem, but if everything else is ok (clutch, flywheel) then that my best guess. Good luck
mongose99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in