source for 89-91 si trans - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2005, 12:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default source for 89-91 si trans

as the title says...im lookin to get a crx hf because they are a lot cheaper than si's and lighter, and im swapping the engine out so stock power doesnt matter a whole lot. only thing the si has that i want is the trans and a sunroof, but im not spending 1000+ more just for those things. been looking on how available a si tranny is, searched the classifieds to see how many have been sold on here and cant see any, theres a forum for parts being sold in va and same deal, nothing there. junkyards around here have them listed 300+ unless i can get lucky at a pull it yourself place and beat the ebayers. just wondering if it's still possible to find one of these or if i should just pay the extra for a crx si straight out.
roppetty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2005, 12:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
crxnco

i just paid 275 for the one i bought from a local honda/import repair shop.. they pulled it off an extra engine out back.. somtimes forums are good ways to find them, but then depending on where they are located you have to deal with shipping which to me wasnt worth it... If you dont want the extra options/weight, then dont get the si regardless of what a tranny will cost you,, can you find them yes,,there all over, the battle will be how many miles and the condition its in...
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2005, 05:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
fast1.6

damn 275 thats sick i have never seen an si cable tranny go over 100 but damn i would wait for a junker or something like that because its hard to determine what is a true si tranny with people jacking the final drives and swapping them over. Make sure you get one from an si car and pull it yourself. Hmotorsonline has zc (d series) trannys for 150 + shipping which are way nasty over the si trans because of the shorter gears and equal length axles. so if you have to pay more then 150 for an si get a zc trans.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2005, 10:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

$75 tranny + $85 for new ISB (parts and labor) + $75 for 1-2 shifter fork = $235.

Knowing you have a fresh tranny, priceless.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2005, 02:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
gonzo

Rep Power: 0 Lule will become famous soon enoughLule will become famous soon enoughLule will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Update your profile so we know where you are.
Lule is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2005, 12:35 PM   #6 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lule
Update your profile so we know where you are.
sry, registered to the site like a month ago back when i found it researching what i was gonna do and i've just set things in motion with the purchase of a z6. didnt realize i hadnt filled out all that stuff, lol.

thanks for all the suggestions. i'd like to try the whole tranny rebuild thing, i just dont know if i can handle putting together my z6 dropping it in a crx and get all the electronics talking together as well as rebuild a trans. all this is fairly new to me and i was hoping i could have everything done by the end of the summer so i wouldnt have to tow a dead car back to school with me. im just trying to keep from biting off more than i can chew.

if i end up with an hf i could bolt the z6 up to the hf trans and rebuild an si on the side, that way i can take my time and learn about doing the transmission thing and still have a drivable car. still have some time to decide which car im getting though. i have the engine in pieces and building that up some, so i can keep looking for a cheap si to come around while im doing that.
roppetty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in