Ques about XTD clutch and flywheel - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2005, 05:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
mxpx148

Default Ques about XTD clutch and flywheel

Im looking at an XTD stage 1 clutch and 8 lbs. flywheel kit on ebay and was wondering if you guys knew anything about the company or if this is a good setup for the street as far as the flywheel goes(i have never had a lightweight flywheel and dont know if 8 lbs. is to light or not). If it makes any difference, i dont race the car, i just run it on the street and like to have some fun once in a while. THANX
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2005, 05:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Premium Member

Location: In Pennsyltucky about 6 1/2 hours under civic4VW & 2.5hrs above Mods! (The sticks away from people)
Rep Power: 33 Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Rexinre Send a message via Skype™ to Rexinre

I just ordered the XTD stage 3 clutch... I will let you know how it goes in a few weeks.

as far as the flywheel... I think it sucks in traffic, although I have a stage 3 clutch with it.

The thing is you can't just let the clutch out and let the car idle-roll... no weight in the flywheel makes it all kinds of unsmooth. If you live in an area where there isn't a lot of traffic you should be fine. In Jersey, well its a giant parking lot for NYC.

Some say its fine and some say its a pain in the butt, it all depends on the setup you have.

Hope this helps!

Check out my civic build here -->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rexinre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2005, 05:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
mxpx148

yeah...i live in pa now but used to live in union so I KNOW about the traffic....the only thing ive found after researching the forum that i dont understand is that the flywheels supposedly make climbing hills harder, which is something i have to worry about here...do you have any input on that??

Old 05-16-2005, 05:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Premium Member

Location: In Pennsyltucky about 6 1/2 hours under civic4VW & 2.5hrs above Mods! (The sticks away from people)
Rep Power: 33 Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!

I don't have any problems climbing hills... sssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhsssssssssssssssssss. (turbo)

I dono can't help you out there.

Old 05-16-2005, 06:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
mxpx148

yeah...bit of a different setup than my stock d16...nice ride by the way
Old 05-16-2005, 06:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Premium Member

Thanks... Where in PA are you from... are you interested in rolling with us to the d-series meet in KS?

Old 05-16-2005, 06:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
mxpx148

im right over in stroudsburg... i dont know, i might but gotta see, i was supposed to be going to carlisle this coming weekend, but due to car probs(the reason im changing the clutch is because im changing out the motor anyway) im kinda set back moneywise...but ill definately keep it in mind
Old 05-19-2005, 06:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
BoogieDown

i have a fidanza 7lb flywheel with a HD pressure plate and a 4 puck disk(sprung) the first day or so was hard but now its like driveing a normal car. You can't ride the clutch but you can let it out all the way and it will roll froward and flat ground. Just keep the rpms up and you'll be fine. I live in Brandon Fla and work in Tampa most of my drive home is stop and go for about 30mins. Let the person infront front of you get ahead and it won't be a problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in