should I start with the tranny? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2005, 06:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 MrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Question should I start with the tranny?

Like I said before I don't know crap about transmissions. So some help would be nice, please. Anyways I'm going to build what I hope to be about 140-150whp mini me in my 91 CRX Si. Now is what I would like to know is if maybe I should start on the transmission first. The thing is I don't know anything aobut them. So is what I would like to know is...

1. Will the 91 Si trans I have now work with the hp I'm going to get out of my engine?
2. Is the final drive greared twords acceleration, or is there something better?
3. I called the Honda dealer and they said that the price of a LSD + Labor = $350. Is that a good price, and should I get a LSD? (Yes I have read up on them, but I'm still confused if I should even get one.)
4. Is there any type of flywheel and clutch that I should look into?
5. And lastly, do short shifter really help? I mean I have read so much about them breaking while shifting.

Thanks for any help.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

... We had an accident...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:

Good sellers/traders: kiloviper, ic3tray, necro, mintchoc91, 92SIcivic, silvertuner98, lilred, guest, sleepingciv, Max713
MrHalder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2005, 11:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

$350 my ass!

Honda of America doesn't even have a LSD part number for D series tranny's in its parts database.

The cheapest LSD on the market is $400 shipped, $350-400 labor just to R&R the tranny (dealer shop labor) then another $200 + parts for the LSD install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2005, 01:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 MrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to all

I shit you not that is what they said. Now I have talked to a few people about their so called tuner shop, and a lot of people say its a joke. So I don't know if I should get it or not.

:

Good sellers/traders: kiloviper, ic3tray, necro, mintchoc91, 92SIcivic, silvertuner98, lilred, guest, sleepingciv, Max713

Old 05-16-2005, 02:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
bspeed

Chip I bet they are selling Phantoms!
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2005, 03:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

So I take it they're no good?

:

Old 05-17-2005, 12:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bspeed
Chip I bet they are selling Phantoms!
OK, Where the fock do you get Chip????

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
bspeed

From that old autoX trophy picture you posted.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

damnit, my cover is blown!

Quote:
Old 05-18-2005, 04:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
bspeed

You fool, you should learn the value of masking tape! When I do shifts in mental health facilities, you have to cover your last name with a piece of tape or a sticker; that way the crazies can't find you when and if they get out! LOL
Old 05-19-2005, 01:41 PM   #10 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 4 reviews

1. Yes
2. Yes it is good for acceleration @ 4.25. Yes there is better. ZXi 4.43 SRR 4.7 & 4.9
3. I would pass on that deal. A decent diff will cost $400 for the unit plaus labor. Anything less and your getting ripped off.
4. 6.5 Alum Flywheel & OEM type clutch
5. I've been using a B&M unit for over five years now no problem ever.
fast88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2005, 02:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

what is the ZXi from?

:

Old 05-20-2005, 02:07 PM   #12 (permalink)

integra ZXi its JDM
Old 05-20-2005, 02:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Thanks,
What about the CR-X SiR (JDM) what does it have?

:

Old 06-09-2005, 12:59 PM   #14 (permalink)

CRX SiR has a Bseries tranny....That's a whole different ball 'o wax
Old 06-09-2005, 01:42 PM   #15 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Synth is almost a somebodySynth is almost a somebodySynth is almost a somebodySynth is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

If you do not want to spend a lot of cash on a shifter, but want a good quality one

http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/me...Code=EVS-SS-EF

I got one $48 with shipping. I'm still really freaked about the whole short throw thing and a messed up tranny...but that's just me. So to feel safer I went with this shifter a 20%-30% less throw, compaired to the B&M's 40%-50%....anyways best of luck
Synth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in