need some help please. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2005, 11:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 MrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Default need some help please.

I don't know a danm thing about trans, except they are what gets your car down the road. Anyways I have a 91 CRX Si and would like to know if the trans thats in it is any good or should I upgrade it or to another trans? Also where do I find what type of trans it is? Does it say on it or not?

Thanks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

... We had an accident...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:

Good sellers/traders: kiloviper, ic3tray, necro, mintchoc91, 92SIcivic, silvertuner98, lilred, guest, sleepingciv, Max713
MrHalder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2005, 11:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

If it's the manual trans, and it is the stock tranny and doesn't grind, keep it. It has a closer ratio than the other trannies, and good for the excelleration. I'm not sure on the specs of the tranny though

is there anything wrong with it?

Quote:
There's two things in life you never want people to know about you...
1. You know how to work on cars.
2. You know how to work on computers.

You my friend are cursed with this info being out in the open.
^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
custom_junky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2005, 03:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

only thing I'd upgrade on the 88-91 trannys is the diff pin or replace the whole diff with a OBX LSD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2005, 08:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 MrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to all

first there is nothing wrong with the trans that I have right now. No grinds, clunks, or anything like that. It is the stock trans (5 speed). Now as far as replacing the diff pin or the whole diff with an OBX LSD. Which on is better? I'd think the LSD but like I said befor I don't know crap about trans. About how much is an OBX LSD? Would a stage 2 clutch and a different flywheel do anything?

Thanks for the help.

:

Good sellers/traders: kiloviper, ic3tray, necro, mintchoc91, 92SIcivic, silvertuner98, lilred, guest, sleepingciv, Max713
Old 05-12-2005, 11:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

makku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to makku Send a message via MSN to makku Send a message via Yahoo to makku

well, before you go spending cash, read about what an LSD does and how it might benefit you.

It's kind of a suspension mod at the same time since it will affect the handling characteristics of your car. And that's something you need to be aware of first.

Just in case, LSD = limited slip differential

Quote:
forecast for tomorrow... a few sprinkles of genius with a chance for DOOM!
Quote:
But I thought you said TV was bad?
It is... but we fucking need it.
makku is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2005, 10:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

right I know what a LSD is and what it does. but I haven't read anything about how it affects handling. Besides the fact when a wheel makes one rotation with out grip the other one starts to rotate to. Thats about all I keep reading. haven't checked this site yet.

getting ready for work I'll see what I can find out tomarrow.

Thanks.

:

Old 05-13-2005, 12:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
bspeed

Mrhalder there is a frequently asked question thread at the top of this forum that will answer a lot of your questions and give you some of the tools to find answers for new questions you will have. Start there and poke around with the search function and you will have a wealth of information open up before you.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2005, 07:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Thanks never crossed my mind to read the sticky.

:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in