What clutch for a turbo crx? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: what clutch would be best?
clutchmasters 4 66.67%
clutchnet.com 2 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2005, 12:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Keepin it real since 1984

whitey_4g It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to whitey_4g Send a message via Yahoo to whitey_4g
Default What clutch for a turbo crx?

i have a sohc Y7 in my crx si, turbo'd. i had a centeforce stage II and then i swapped it out with a centerforce duelfriction.... i've been beating the shit out of it for a good year and a half now and its starting to slip A Lot. i race it about every other day so i need something that will hold up... i've been looking for a 6puck (SPRUNG)... clutchnet.com, clutchmasters, or maybe and act (but they're kinda price-e for me)... any one have any ideas or coments?

oh, i forgot to post it up, but i'm putting down 168hp and 163tq right now and am planning on a few things that'll get me right around the 200 mark...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by whitey_4g; 05-02-2005 at 12:06 PM. Reason: power
whitey_4g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2005, 04:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Hondaphile

Rep Power: 17 ottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ottomaticjack Send a message via MSN to ottomaticjack Send a message via Yahoo to ottomaticjack

If it's a daily driven vehicle and you have to drive in traffic, then I would suggest staying away from a puck clutch....I've never driven one myself, but know a few people with them (various vehicles) and puck clutches are not particularly street friendly. I myself am looking at clutches and hope to get one that will hold well above 200 hp, but will have to be a full face organic disk, just for drivability. But that's my thoughts on it...take it or leave it.

Good sellers and stuff....NastyhabitzCRX, Icarusdown, Infamousz6, fast88, drew95eg, cuong-nutz, Sonny7730

"We have a blind date with destiny, and it looks like she ordered the lobster...."
ottomaticjack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2005, 07:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

i just ordered my clutch today for my turbo setup. its a Centerforce stage 2. not a puck style, its still a disk and will support 60% more power. so thats like around 200+, i should be below that so im not worried. i picked it up new for $202 shipped, but i got a discount on it

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2005, 07:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 20 k1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcano
k1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

why isnt exedy on that list? lol...anyways, i agree with everyone here so far and say go full organic! yeeesss...no need for a puck, disc is fine...stage 2 is good, stage 1 works fine too...all depends what kind of feel you want...im running a full organic street disc with heavy duty pressure plate very smooth...i think im going to change it tho...but yeah back to topic...DISC, FULL ORGANIC, HEAVY DUTY P.PLATE nuff said...lol

*Mia*
2000 Honda EJ8 D16Y8
EJ8 Squad #269
k1dfreeze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2005, 05:29 AM   #5 (permalink)

see i had the stage 2 centerforce and then swapped it out for the duel friction on and it slipping now (a year and a 1/2 later) i looked into the excedy route, but i'm no sure... i'm hoping to be putting down right around 200 at the wheels pertty soon, but not untill i get a new clutch. as far as a DD, i have a 97 civic hx that i'm going to be driving daily now. im gonna bring out the rex on my days off for some fun... if you know what i mean!

i want something more race-ish... i called up clutchnet.com and them have a 6puck (sprung) kit for $345 shipped to my door, it's said to hold 300-390hp.

Old 05-03-2005, 06:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

how did you like the stage 2 centerforce while you had it?

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

Old 05-03-2005, 08:08 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx
how did you like the stage 2 centerforce while you had it?
it wasn't bad at all. i like centerforce because of the soft clutch pedal. they are pretty good clutches, but they wear out fast.

Old 05-03-2005, 02:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
KiwiNinja

I went with Competition Clutch for my new setup. The company is owned by a former ClutchMasters employee. Their clutches are damn near identical to ClutchMasters and they are a little bit cheaper.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2005, 03:04 PM   #9 (permalink)

berettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

ACT! I have always used theirs and never had a problem along w/ all my other buddies that use them..
berettagtz117 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2005, 05:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey_4g
it wasn't bad at all. i like centerforce because of the soft clutch pedal. they are pretty good clutches, but they wear out fast.
a year and a half is fast? my exedy went in 6 months...

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

Old 05-03-2005, 08:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
Ferio inspired

Rep Power: 31 NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....
NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

i have the clutch(masters)faggots 6 puck unsprung, not bad daily driven at all.
ps i hate clutch masters they send me a bend disc and said there was no way that could have happened.
i would go for the clutchnet i have put 2 of their organics in my freinds cars and they are hold up great
90 Civic EX 4dr- turbo D15b (sold)
98 Civic EX 4dr- USDM (99 front) (sold)
92 Accord EX 4dr- ricermobile(sold)
NastyHabitzCRX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2005, 12:19 PM   #12 (permalink)

i guess a year and a 1/2 isn't really that bad if you really think about it...

i wish i had the money to change it with this paycheck, but i cant, i have to make my house payment, my insurance, and pay my dad the $400 i got from him to ghet my new apt here in chicago.... it's all good. i'm leaning more towards the clutchnet. i had a few buddys down south running them and really like them, plus NastyHabitzCRX saying that he's installed a few and they aren't to shabby. that helps me towards my choice a little bit. unless act starts making a sprung 6puck for around $350 shipped then i may go that route

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyHabitzCRX
i would go for the clutchnet i have put 2 of their organics in my freinds cars and they are hold up great

Old 05-04-2005, 02:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Ferio inspired

Rep Power: 31 NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....
NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....

if you have a friend with a presicion lathe have them spin it up on it to make sure it aint bent. my 6 puck wasnt easy to see, but on the lathe it was obvious.
Old 05-04-2005, 03:03 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyHabitzCRX
if you have a friend with a presicion lathe have them spin it up on it to make sure it aint bent. my 6 puck wasnt easy to see, but on the lathe it was obvious.
the 6puck from clutchnet? or just one from clutchmasters?

Old 05-04-2005, 10:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
Ferio inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey_4g
the 6puck from clutchnet? or just one from clutchmasters?
the clutch faggots err masters
Old 06-29-2005, 05:08 PM   #16 (permalink)

brought back from the dead....
well i orered a clutchnet 6puck.. i haven't installed it yet, but it looks good an d meaty! plus i got it for $255 shipped~ PP, Disc, TOB, A.tool, and Piolet bearing... i cant spell, so no joke or...... IlL kIlL yOu!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in