my tranny is SEIZED up!...HELPPPP!! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2005, 10:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
uno-cam

Default my tranny is SEIZED up!...HELPPPP!!

hey guys, i was cruising in 5th gear on a highway, and i wanted to downshift to 4th and the shifter would NOT come out of 5th!....i physically PUNCHED it down toward neutral, then finally got it into neutral...the shifter was very STIFF in neutral, and very hard to shift from gear to gear....i know it isnt my clutch because it goes into gear fine...just in neutral or going from 2nd to 3rd, or 4th to 5th......i checked my linkage and everything seems fine....what could my problem be??...i hope someone can help me out!... ..

thanks a lot guys!

randy
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2005, 07:09 AM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 mongose99 is learning the way of the Dmongose99 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

could be a couple things. Did your car make any noises previously? When the input shaft bearings go bad, eventually they will spin out and then you have bearing floating around with your gears. Obviously if a bearing gets caught in a gear, then you're screwed. thats one possiblity. Another could be that you dont have/dont have enough fluid in your tranny and it caused it to sieze up. Something else could be that something?? broke free in your tranny and messed stuff up. Anyway, its probably going to be something internal and the only way to be sure would be to actually take it apart and check.

(by the way i see you live in the land of potholes. i live in PA, not much better, already bent two rims. The roads up here really do suck! )
mongose99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in