Which Flywheel? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2005, 07:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 SleepingCRX88 will become famous soon enoughSleepingCRX88 will become famous soon enoughSleepingCRX88 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SleepingCRX88
Default Which Flywheel?

I had a 7lb Flywheel....that i gave to my friend and we put it in his car and i and it seems to help out alot...Hes gonan buy me a new one to replace it...BUT i was wondering which would be better for a turbo setup the 11lb or the 7lb...I have driven the 7lb with stage 2 clutch and i like the setup but im wondering what would it be like with turbo...does neone run a 7lb or 11lb with turbo...if so give me some advice on which way to go...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<<< Share the rep
SleepingCRX88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2005, 07:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 17 Dweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dweezil Send a message via Yahoo to Dweezil

Search about the differences. Starting a thread about this is like opening pandoras box, no good can come from it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Arrogent?

No, I, like a lot of people on this site, don't have time for dumbasses that type like a cat with downs syndrome.

P28 Clone - $125 Each
Unchippable P28 - $65
Dweezil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2005, 07:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 SleepingCRX88 will become famous soon enoughSleepingCRX88 will become famous soon enoughSleepingCRX88 will become famous soon enough

yea i guess...iv done research i was just wondering what some ppls point of view are on which way to go before i make my final desicion

<<< Share the rep

Old 04-27-2005, 06:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Bump.....

<<< Share the rep
Old 04-27-2005, 06:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
silvertuner98

for turbo i would go with the 7lb....
na i would go with the 11lb
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2005, 06:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

thats what i was thinkin was just wondering for some others input and how it runs if they have it

<<< Share the rep
Old 04-27-2005, 06:51 PM   #7 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default ...

Well i have the 7lb fidanza and was gonna put it in this weekend with a new clutch and dx transmission(recently have a cx tranny). Then along with that install i hope to hook up my turbo finally. I dunno how valid my opinion would be because of all the changes to my car, but i could tell you how well it runs and the drivability after its installed...
gelkingt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2005, 06:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

kk that would help....

<<< Share the rep
Old 05-01-2005, 09:28 AM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 mongose99 is learning the way of the Dmongose99 is learning the way of the D

It would make sense that since the lighter flywheel can accelerate faster, just due to less inertia, that it would allow for your turbo to spool up faster. So i would agree with silvertuner above and say go with the 7lb.
mongose99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2005, 01:48 PM   #10 (permalink)

Default ...

well i got the tranny and the lighter flywheel in this weekend and i say it feels really awsum. I noticed a lil better acceleration but no severe idle problems like lots of people say, just a raised idle from 7-800 to about 1000-1100. It is also very snappy when starting off, which i could see as a problem in traffic, but going up hills wasn't a problem. I drove 50 miles in 5th gear up and down hills and was the same as the cx tranny with the stock flywheel. On my final note, Id recommend the 7lb flywheel to anyone who asked.
gelkingt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2005, 11:26 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

kk..thanks....ill do lil more research on on having it with turbo...but i think im gonna go with the 7lb...

<<< Share the rep
Old 05-11-2005, 05:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
BoogieDown

I have a 91dx tranny with the 7lb fidanza flywheel and a 4puck sprung disk w/ a HD pressure plate. I just got done driveing it home for the first time tonight and its really not all that bad once you get a feel for takeing off. I think its great but a traffic jam will be the real test after i break it in
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in