Honda D Series Forum banner

which clutch?

655 views 2 replies 0 participants last post by  BenCrx 
G
#1 ·
I'm sure this question has been answered, but I could not find it, Which clutch and flywheel should I use when bolting a 89si tranny to a 98ex engine, also what kind/size of wrench is needed to remove the clutch, I'm refering to the oddly shaped 8 sided star bolts, I'm not sure what they are called

thanks in advanced

Ben

G
#2 · (Edited)
Hey I just took apart my Z6, I thought those weird bolts were reverse torx or something, but you know it was a 10mm 12 point socket, they should be 12 point not 8, yes I felt like a retard. From what I have read you can use a 88-91 or a 92-95, I dont know but mabye a 96-00 would work, I am swapping a Z6 into a 91 CRX HF, I have to use a 90-91 CRX cable tranny, and was told to use the newer clutch 92+ because the surface area is bigger and is a bit stronger. Check out the attached pic, is that one of the bolts you are talking about (arrow) if it is its 10mm 12point and you have 6 more bigger ones behind that to get the flywheel off.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.