Cant find a FD for D16z anywhere ! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2005, 08:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 BlackMoon  is accepted as part of the communityBlackMoon  is accepted as part of the communityBlackMoon  is accepted as part of the communityBlackMoon  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default Cant find a FD for D16z anywhere !

Anyone know any shop online that sells these stuff . i think in my country basically no one wants to sell theirs and CNC machine is insanely pricey ( thats what u get when your country is 64km(length) by 32km(breadth) ) . Have tried sourcing in malaysia too but dont have many connections there . I know there a few malaysian d series bros here if u know where to get it pls contact me !! i can drive up north to meet u !

Anyone can help me out or has one to sell or knows someone who wants to sell ?? can you get that shit and ship it here to singapore i am a paypal verified member !

Need it urgent ! Looking for 4.71 or 4.4 . best if 4.71 thank u !!

note: its for D16z SOHC

Just got owned 3 car lengths by a car that shouldnt have even been close to owning me . now im really PISSED :shocked:

thank you
BlackMoon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2005, 10:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

www.racegearbox.com

about $1500 USD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2005, 12:03 AM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 BlackMoon  is accepted as part of the communityBlackMoon  is accepted as part of the communityBlackMoon  is accepted as part of the communityBlackMoon  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

holy crap .. for $1500US u can buy 3 gearboxes with close ratio gears and the FD included in each one in singapore . guess i have to search locally sorry guys thanks
BlackMoon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2005, 09:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 17 s_18 is a name known to alls_18 is a name known to alls_18 is a name known to alls_18 is a name known to alls_18 is a name known to alls_18 is a name known to alls_18 is a name known to alls_18 is a name known to alls_18 is a name known to alls_18 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via MSN to s_18

Exospeed?

Final Gear Ratio 4.7 - $477.00

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

s_18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2005, 09:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

SRR, people have had issues with the teeth wearing away.

The posts wear erased from Honda-Tech because of the "sponsers"

Search on www.sohchonda.com , I think we saved the thread.

Dunno if it was posted here also.

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
exospeed*com

We stopped carrying the SRR since a few racers said that the teeth were wearing away. So far we have 3 people that have contacted us out of 120 FD's that were sold since we started carrying them.
Im hesitant to carry the FDs right now since its been a huge issue on the forums. I have contacted SRR regarding the issue and they said they will do a diff final coating on the parts, but I'm still hesitant to sell it since I dont want it going against us you know.

What do you guys think? Worth it to still carry the product? Or not carry it at all and have only CUstom FD's available. I've had Houseman Custom FD in the past but those cost $1200-1400 each FD.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2005, 11:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Wil, good to see you back!!!!!!!!

I think the main issue was the way SRR handled the issue. They "dropped" the ball. he US seller just ended up being a middle man. If SRR would have better "service" and offered replacements, they'd still be selling. I know I'd be looking at one!

I'm gonna see if a canuck (Jamie) needs a shop whore for 1-2 months to earn a FD setup.

Quote:
Old 04-26-2005, 01:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
exospeed*com

been super super busy these days. sorry guys, cant be on the forums as much.

but like you said. SRR doesnt really want to do anything about it. Its one of those things that is frustrating but then we also have no choice at the moment on FDs. and especially at an ok price.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

roll the dice, it's a crap shoot.

Quote:
Old 04-28-2005, 09:11 AM   #10 (permalink)
there is a party in my pants and Lindsay Lohan is on the guest list

Rep Power: 16 stmotorsports will become famous soon enoughstmotorsports will become famous soon enoughstmotorsports will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex
roll the dice, it's a crap shoot.
yep, thats what I did- I guess we'll see...

BlackMoon- you might want to look into the '95-97 civic aerodeck wagon (MA* chassis) with the 1.4L, I dunno if you have those there but I know they're popular in several Euro countries. Supposedly they have hydro trans and like a 4.5 final, I was trying to get ahold of one for the longest time

http://www.honda.co.uk/owner/CivicManual/index.html

Last edited by stmotorsports; 04-28-2005 at 09:18 AM.
stmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2005, 09:41 AM   #11 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

thanks for sharing (A-HOLE!) earlier!!!!!!

4.437 looks tasty.

Quote:
Old 04-28-2005, 09:50 AM   #12 (permalink)

Rep Power: 16 stmotorsports will become famous soon enoughstmotorsports will become famous soon enoughstmotorsports will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex
thanks for sharing (A-HOLE!) earlier!!!!!!

4.437 looks tasty.

4.437 AND OEM Honda = no having to worry about wearing teeth down there unlike every time I go anywhere in my car with the srr I'll be fucking worrying about it

ps- here's the main link to that site http://www.honda.co.uk/owner/workshopmanuals2.html

Old 04-28-2005, 03:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
exospeed*com

4.437 isnt going to do much for most people. its a good cheap upgrade but for the overall effect, its not really a big jump. I have a 4.6 on the sohc cable and its decent gains but i wish I had something more drastic like the 4.75 or 4.9
Old 04-28-2005, 03:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 27 Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aquafina

Kiwi at Special Project Motorsports is out of stock for D series, but can have them to you in about 2 weeks from the time he receives payment.

He also has (or is waiting to get them) 4.7's and 4.9's for the cable trans. Specially made for SPM by SRR.

^Incase nobody browses the H-T RR/AX forum.
Aquafina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2005, 10:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Wil @ Exospeed use to sell the SRR units before issues arised.

4.25 > 4.437 s on a 4.4% gain, but those on 20" slicks, it might be the ticket.

Aquafina, ever face the dragon?

Quote:
Old 04-29-2005, 08:45 AM   #16 (permalink)
exospeed*com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquafina
Kiwi at Special Project Motorsports is out of stock for D series, but can have them to you in about 2 weeks from the time he receives payment.

He also has (or is waiting to get them) 4.7's and 4.9's for the cable trans. Specially made for SPM by SRR.

^Incase nobody browses the H-T RR/AX forum.
So racers dont mind getting them even with the wear issues?
Old 04-29-2005, 11:15 AM   #17 (permalink)

exactly how serious is the wear issue? Do we have any idea on how many miles you can put on them before they become unusable/dangerous/etc?

Old 04-29-2005, 02:01 PM   #18 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 27 Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aquafina

Quote:
Originally Posted by exospeed*com
Nope.
Aquafina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2005, 02:39 PM   #19 (permalink)
exospeed*com

ok good to hear. we'll be carrying the FD's again soon then.
Old 05-01-2005, 02:07 PM   #20 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by exospeed*com
Nope Wil- its better than nothing- and that important on our car for lap times!
Let us know when you've got them back in stock!!

BTW- Houseman has gone up since you guys checked (at least for my car).
I was quoted $1750 + shipping on a 4.9 (last month). :shocked:
I'm sure his stuff is wonderful, but too high for me right now.

Last edited by lyonel13h4; 05-03-2005 at 07:00 AM.
lyonel13h4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in