New Clutch = Smell - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2005, 07:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
b1ackc1v1c

Default New Clutch = Smell

Yes as the title says...I just got an ACT HC5-HDSS clutc / Street Lite Flywheel installed yesterday and my question is why does it smell...it smells like when it first gave out a few months ago but not as strong...is this a new break in smell OR is there something the installer did not do right? TIA.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2005, 07:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Gabe

Are you following the break in procedure?

I don't recall noticing any clutch smell when replacing clutches in the past.
Old 04-23-2005, 10:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
b1ackc1v1c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe
Are you following the break in procedure?
yeah i'm taking it easy for the first 500 miles...and trying to avoid the sliping...it probably me thats not driving the car right because its harder the fact i have a lighter flywheel which is causing me to keep my foot longer on the clutch so the car wont turn off on me...could that be the reason? well hope to get some more feed back thanks

Old 04-24-2005, 05:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Premium Member

Location: In Pennsyltucky about 6 1/2 hours under civic4VW & 2.5hrs above Mods! (The sticks away from people)
Rep Power: 33 Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Rexinre Send a message via Skype™ to Rexinre

Did you put your greasy fingers all over the clutch when you installed it? That might have something to do with it.

Check out my civic build here -->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rexinre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2005, 10:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
b1ackc1v1c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexinre
Did you put your greasy fingers all over the clutch when you installed it? That might have something to do with it.
it was installed by a shop...so i wouldnt know but if that was the case will the smell go away after a few miles...i would like to know before calling the shop tomorrow and hear what they say...thanks
Old 04-24-2005, 02:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Premium Member

Location: In Pennsyltucky about 6 1/2 hours under civic4VW & 2.5hrs above Mods! (The sticks away from people)
Rep Power: 33 Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
Send a message via MSN to Rexinre Send a message via Skype™ to Rexinre

How long has it smelt and how many miles have you drivin on it?

Check out my civic build here -->

Rexinre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2005, 02:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cool User Title Here

Location: 7.5 hours north of Modshxcivic, 6.5 hours north of Rexinre's house (he says only 5 hours) (MAINE)
Rep Power: 24 Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Honda4VW Send a message via MSN to Honda4VW Send a message via Yahoo to Honda4VW

I would say give it till after break in, if it smells then,worry!

Honda4VW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2005, 03:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

makku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussie
Send a message via AIM to makku Send a message via MSN to makku Send a message via Yahoo to makku

is your clutch fluid low? maybe you're leaking it through the cylinder.

Somehow, when I was burning up my clutch starting in 3rd, (no 1st or 2nd gear) the boot covering the cylinder was full of fluid ... that's where some of the burnt smell came from.

Quote:
forecast for tomorrow... a few sprinkles of genius with a chance for DOOM!
Quote:
But I thought you said TV was bad?
It is... but we fucking need it.
makku is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in