Question for bone. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2005, 07:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
bspeed

Default Question for bone.

Hey Red,

Do you have the gear ratio's for the 1-5 of CRX Si and the ZC laying around?
All I see on the tranny page is for the 92 and ^ boxes. I would like to included these for the sticky up top.
Second, when slapping a hybrid cable tranny together do I use the forks that correspond with the case I am using or the gears? Or better yet, do you have a write up on assembling a hybrid cable trans I can link to the sticky? I keep searching but to no avail.
Thanks
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2005, 08:38 AM   #2 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

zc:
FD 3.888

si:
FD 4.25

all L3 shifter forks are the same
iaincrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2005, 01:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

http://hybrid2.honda-perf.org/tech/zcsifdswap.html

^where I got started, I watched that night, been spliting trannys ever since.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.

Last edited by transzex; 04-20-2005 at 01:58 PM.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2005, 07:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
bspeed

kick ass. Thank you noob iaincrx Awesome reply, good rep for you. And Thank you as well Bone.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2006, 06:33 PM   #5 (permalink)

i just pulled two trannys apart and this is what i got, first column input shaft teeth, output shaft teeth and the ratio.... the trannys i pulled was the S20 and the S3T.

S20
12 - 39 - 3.250
20 - 38 - 1.900
28 - 35 - 1.250
33 - 30 - 0.909
36 - 27 - 0.750
FD - Shaft 16 , ring gear 68 - 4.25

S3T
13 - 42 - 3.230
22 - 42 - 1.909
28 - 35 - 1.250
32 - 30 - 0.937
36 - 27 - 0.750
FD - Shaft 17, ring gear 69 - 4.058

the s20 box i got from singapore. and s3t is from my car which is a thaispec b15 (similar to d15). the trannys look alike but the s3t is a cable clutch. So i wanted to reuse the s3t. What i did was use the the fd shaft and ring gear on my tranny with the s3t full gear set. I had to swap the spool as the s3t has smaller spool bearings. Also had to swap a few parts within the gearsets.

just wanted to add this info

Last edited by domnic; 01-20-2006 at 07:45 PM.
domnic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2006, 01:12 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by domnic
S20
12 - 39 - 3.250
20 - 38 - 1.900
28 - 35 - 1.250
33 - 30 - 0.909
36 - 27 - 0.750
FD - Shaft 16 , ring gear 68 - 4.25
just a thought.. i heard that 3rd and 4th gears are interchange. is it possible to say.. use the 3rd gear (28 tooth) with the 4th gear (30 tooth) to get a 1.071 ratio?? :noway:
garilee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2006, 02:18 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Location: Dallas Texas in my Heart, Southern Georgia is where i stay.
Rep Power: 17 4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 32 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 4thGEN Send a message via MSN to 4thGEN Send a message via Yahoo to 4thGEN

http://www.knology.net/~jediklc/gearratiosdseries.htm

Old 05-09-2006, 01:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by garilee
just a thought.. i heard that 3rd and 4th gears are interchange. is it possible to say.. use the 3rd gear (28 tooth) with the 4th gear (30 tooth) to get a 1.071 ratio?? :noway:
no way possible.

But you canuse the 1.066 from a 92-95 CX/VX for 4th gear with a little grinding.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:03 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex
no way possible.
But you canuse the 1.066 from a 92-95 CX/VX for 4th gear with a little grinding.
any advise on where and how much to grind for the CX/VX 3rd gear to fit in as a 4th gear for the S20 tranny??
Old 05-09-2006, 09:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

look at the correct gear first?

Quote:
Old 05-09-2006, 10:26 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex
look at the correct gear first?
yupz.. the CX/VX 3rd gear (1.066) is perfect as a 4th for my S20 built tranny. Was wondering how it can be mod to fit in..
Old 05-09-2006, 10:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 17 s_18 is a name known to alls_18 is a name known to alls_18 is a name known to alls_18 is a name known to alls_18 is a name known to alls_18 is a name known to alls_18 is a name known to alls_18 is a name known to alls_18 is a name known to alls_18 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via MSN to s_18

Quote:
Originally Posted by garilee
yupz.. the CX/VX 3rd gear (1.066) is perfect as a 4th for my S20 built tranny. Was wondering how it can be mod to fit in..
What I think Bone ment, is that you should look at your original 4th gear first, to see how much you need to take out of the VX 3rd.

s_18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2006, 10:49 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_18
What I think Bone ment, is that you should look at your original 4th gear first, to see how much you need to take out of the VX 3rd.
uh.. i see.. thanks alot. Will update again abt how much needs to be grinded when i get my hands on the tranny
Old 05-10-2006, 12:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

compare it to the 4th gear your taking out, see how it fits,

Quote:
Old 05-26-2009, 04:00 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

How about this setup? if you had all the gears from the different trannys, (you would need zc,crx si and crx/civic dx gears)

L3 cable si tranny 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th
zc/si1st zc2nd zc3rd dx4th si5th this would equal..
3.250 1.944 1.346 1.259 0.771

Whatcha think? too little of rpm drop?
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2009, 08:02 AM   #16 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 27 Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aquafina

Way too little. I ran the 1.346 into 1.172 and that was too little.
Aquafina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2009, 11:42 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquafina View Post
Way too little. I ran the 1.346 into 1.172 and that was too little.
wow, So you should have ran 1.346 into 1.066?
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2009, 12:53 PM   #18 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 27 Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aquafina

No. It worked great for what I built it for, which was a few trips down the 1/4 with a stock Y7. Would have been worthless on a road course or the strip with any more power.
Aquafina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2010, 08:53 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

rise from the dead...hehe

ive been searching but usually i find info on hybrid hydro trannys...and i got a cable

so does cable zc gears neccesarily mean jdm transmissions or they can be from 86-89 usdm integras?
i would like to learn what i can use to make a hybrid cable tranny for my crx using usdm parts. so i can go to the junkyard and get em
ed9diaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2010, 10:40 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 T-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to allT-rilla is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

here are some links.....

remoer's hybrid trans threads...
https://www.d-series.org/forums/showc...d-car-1-a.html

https://www.d-series.org/forums/showc...rts-honda.html

they stickys touch this a bit too...

gearing from L3 tranys.. (interchangable with eachother)
L3 88-91 HF 3.250 1.650 1.033 0.823 0.694 2.954 FD(3.250 Cali)3.880
L3 88-91 DX 3.250 1.894 1.259 0.937 0.771 3.153 FD 3.880
L3 88-91 Si 3.250 1.894 1.259 0.937 0.771 3.153 FD 4.25
L3 JDM Integra ZXi 3.250 1.894 1.346 1.033 0.771 3.153 FD 4.437
L3 JDM DOHC ZC 3.250 1.944 1.250 0.909 0.878 3.153 FD 3.880

L3 is the cable trans code for 88-91 civics. HF,DX,SI you will find in your junkyard easy... the ZC 3-4 gears people are refering to are from the DOHC ZC trans. 87 and earlyer tranys are diffrent.

feel free to let me know what you think.
T-rilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in