y7 trans worth anything? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2005, 09:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
there is a party in my pants and Lindsay Lohan is on the guest list

Rep Power: 16 stmotorsports will become famous soon enoughstmotorsports will become famous soon enoughstmotorsports will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Default y7 trans worth anything?

I got some kid offering me a stock y7 trans for $50, it needs the front bearings. Should I bother?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

stmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2005, 11:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

depends on the damage from the dead ISB.

If it was ran low on oil, and wiped out all the bearings, no it is not worth it. If just the ISB is bad, drop $35 in parts and 2 hours labor, sell for $175 and have a little profit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2005, 10:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
there is a party in my pants and Lindsay Lohan is on the guest list

Rep Power: 16 stmotorsports will become famous soon enoughstmotorsports will become famous soon enoughstmotorsports will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

yeah I'm still not sure, haven't seen the insides yet. The 'shop' that was working on this kid's car misdiagnosed the IS rattle as a bad throwout bearing so they threw a clutch set at it and some other minor shit for like $450 (!!) Obviously that didn't fix the prob so now they want another $500ish to put a boneyard trans in and the kid told me if I want the old one just cover the core and its mine

funny thing is I told him thats what the prob was all along and that I'd throw in an ex trans for less than 1/2 what he's in now

I always find it weird how people are always so ready to trust a shop that will rape them senseless but not trust sidejob guys
now he's < $$, I'm < $$ and the 'reputable' shop is > $$$

stmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2005, 01:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Tell him you'll take the tranny for inspection, the decide on a price later.

Anymore, I charge $25 UP FRONT just to open a tranny (Beer + Pizza works!) as I've seen some shitty trannys. I have to on the bench now. They were simple ISB replace, but the ISB was so trashed, I quoted $140 to replace as I had cut out the outer race. They said to keep the tranny. I'm out 2 hours labor now!

Then someone balked at a $200 quote to R&R a tranny for him. "I can get it done for cheaper at my buddys" who dropped the case, cracking it, blah...blah...blah.....

Book rate to R*R a tranny is $275 on the low end, $390 on the high end.

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

makku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to makku Send a message via MSN to makku Send a message via Yahoo to makku

people just don't understand how a transmission works... I'll be honest and say that I had no clue until I finally opened one up myself. i knew about gears already of course, just had no idea what held it all together.

Now I can appreciate the work that goes into it... so many things can be wrong in there. I mean, all the power that your engine is producing is going through the tranny! It's bound to have major problems if abused.

Quote:
forecast for tomorrow... a few sprinkles of genius with a chance for DOOM!
Quote:
But I thought you said TV was bad?
It is... but we fucking need it.
makku is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2005, 07:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Have you seen the STR shaft holder in place of 5th gear??????

Keeps the shafts from deflecting under power since 4th gear is so far away from the ring gear.

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in