removing driveside axle (half shaft) - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2005, 07:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER

Rep Power: 24 guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 46 reviews
Default removing driveside axle (half shaft)

My CV joint boot is torn. I'm pretty sure it's been torn and the CV joint is bad, so I'm going to just replace the whole axle. I've been trying to remove my axle with a pry bar and can of WD-40 and it budge. The transmission has to be in neutral right? I'm not having any luck, any suggestions would be very helpful. Everybody says PB blaster is way better than WD-40. I'm thinking of let that soak for awhile.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2005, 08:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

makku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to makku Send a message via MSN to makku Send a message via Yahoo to makku

remove it from what? the hub or the transmission?

from the transmission, just take the biggest flathead screwdriver you have and pry it out. From the hub, you can use a punch...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
forecast for tomorrow... a few sprinkles of genius with a chance for DOOM!
Quote:
But I thought you said TV was bad?
It is... but we fucking need it.
makku is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2005, 09:30 AM   #3 (permalink)

guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano

Transmission. I tryed using prybar yesterday, I'll try again today. It's never been replaced.

Old 04-09-2005, 12:27 PM   #4 (permalink)

berettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

Did you make sure and unhook ball joint so you can lift up brakes and shit to take it out??
berettagtz117 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2005, 04:49 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by berettagtz117
Did you make sure and unhook ball joint so you can lift up brakes and shit to take it out??
I removed the steering knuckle, caliper, etc. . I removed the boot on the transmisson side, so there's only a CV housing in the trans. now and it still won't come out. I dunno. I think the trans. might be ruined. There's quite a bit of freeplay between the trans. and the piece I left in. F&^k I hope I don't need to replace the trans.
Old 04-09-2005, 07:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 17 green_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

If I remember right, I had to use a chisel as a pry bar cuz it was hardened and wouldn't bend under the force.

Mine has a little freeplay too. Don't know how much it's supposed to have, but it came apart that way.

Make sure you aren't prying it out crooked. I don't remember having that problem but it may be possible to jam it up by not prying it straight out.
green_hornet_96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2005, 08:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

I got it out . I sprayed it with WD-40 then I got it hot with my propane torch and it poped right out. Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in