Honda D Series Forum banner

how to idenify a gsr trans

1K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  PSYCH 
#1 ·
i need some help guys. i can't find a chart to find out how far the trans input shaft will move the diff. if you turn it. i need find out if i'm really about to buy a gsr transmission

#4 ·
A 2004 Chevrolet Corvette C5 Z06 with a six-speed manual transmission has the following gear ratios in the transmission:

Gear

Ratio

1st gear

2.97:1

2nd gear

2.07:1

3rd gear

1.43:1

4th gear

1.00:1

5th gear

0.84:1

6th gear

0.56:1

reverse

3.38:1

In 1st gear, the engine makes 2.97 revolutions for every revolution of the transmission’s output. In 4th gear, the gear ratio of 1:1 means that the engine and the transmission’s output are moving at the same speed. 5th and 6th gears are known as overdrive gears, in which the output of the transmission is revolving faster than the engine.

The Corvette above has a differential ratio of 3.42:1. The ratio means that for every 3.42 revolutions of the transmission’s output, the wheels make one revolution. The differential ratio multiplies with the transmission ratio, so in 1st gear, the engine makes 10.16 revolutions for every revolution of the wheels.

so if i change these numbers out with a gsr trans. in 1st gear if i trun the input shaft 3.23 times the diff. should turn 14.2 times or 4.373 or 4.4 times for every one turn of the input shaft right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.