clutch wont engauge - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2010, 05:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default clutch wont engauge

i have a z6 with an si trans with a new 8lb flywheel and exedy stage 1 clutch and pressure plate, with the car in the air it will shift into all gears while running, and when off, but when its on the ground and running nothing.... the fork/arm that stick out the tranny that the cable hooks up to doesnt have really any resistance, is that normal or should it be hard as shit to move up and down??

when i installed the tranny everything went in smooth and i played with the arm after i installed the new throw out bearing and it moved forward, im so lost on whats wrong

when i pull up the arm it feels like at the very top im hitting the pressure plate then it cannot move ant further, is there a way to adjust the release bearing so its up further?

also before i had the si trans or after market stuff, i had the stock dx trans and flywheel and clutch and had this same issue
88dxrex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2010, 05:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

master/slave cylinder perhaps?
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2010, 05:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 21 robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

did you try adjusting the cable nut
robscrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2010, 05:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

its a cable tranny so no lol, and yea i have, but even with the cable unhooked and i stand on the side of the car and hold the arm up it still will not go into gear
Old 09-22-2010, 06:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

bman200437 It's a JDM Star Bitches....bman200437 It's a JDM Star Bitches....bman200437 It's a JDM Star Bitches....bman200437 It's a JDM Star Bitches....bman200437 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to bman200437

the lever should be pretty stiff as you are pushing on the pressure plate. If there is no resistance to the lever you have something together wrong and/or something is broke...IIrc there is a pin that holds the cluch fork to the shaft to keep it from spinning inside the fork. if this has came out then you would never push the pressure plate.

Someone correct me if Im wrong. and sorry for the lack of correct terms...

88 civic standard hatch (R.I.P.)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

90 civic dx hatch
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
You definetly have a tranny issue and not the kind that makes you want to put on lipstick and womens clothing.
Quote:
first love= honda
second love=hand
third=girl!
bman200437 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2010, 06:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

that actually was what i was coming to think, but i was hoping i wouldent have to take the tranny back off yet again, thanks
Old 09-22-2010, 09:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

crxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 24 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88dxrex View Post
that actually was what i was coming to think, but i was hoping i wouldent have to take the tranny back off yet again, thanks
If you can pull the level all the way up by hand than you are not pushing the pressure plate in. The trans has to come back out.

Ninja Edit* I just re read you post and it seems like what you are saying is that the arm gets hard to pull up once it hits the pressure plate, This is correct. Post pics up of whats going on. It may just be a stretched cable, Have you tried adjusting it up the whole way?
from here on out all will be healed due to the honda holy water (jb weld)

302hp/262TQ

Last edited by crxlifer21; 09-22-2010 at 09:49 PM.
crxlifer21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2010, 09:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
its a cable tranny so no lol, and yea i have, but even with the cable unhooked and i stand on the side of the car and hold the arm up it still will not go into gear
oh, lol
I is stoopid
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2010, 09:57 PM   #9 (permalink)

crxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Tilt View Post
oh, lol
I is stoopid
No bro you just seen Z6 and thought hydro haha

302hp/262TQ

Old 09-23-2010, 01:47 AM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

well i just messed around with my dx tranny and the arm is a tiny bit more stiff so maybe the bolt holding the spring on the inside came out or something, lifer the arm only gets hard to move because its at the top of the tranny and gets stopped. guess the tranny is coming out tomorrow but this is like the third time installing one so it should be a breeze...... NOT... ill get some pics up
Old 09-23-2010, 02:11 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
well i just messed around with my dx tranny and the arm is a tiny bit more stiff so maybe the bolt holding the spring on the inside came out or something, lifer the arm only gets hard to move because its at the top of the tranny and gets stopped. guess the tranny is coming out tomorrow but this is like the third time installing one so it should bet a breeze...... NOT... ill get some pics up
If you can move the lever arm all the way to the top with no resistance than something is wrong, you seem like you are on the right track.

This is the part you need to look at #11
Auto parts store: Honda Parts | Acura Parts | OEM Automotive Parts and Accessories

302hp/262TQ

Old 09-23-2010, 09:41 AM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

yea =/, this really sucks cause i just put everything in, is the easiest way to drain the oil and pop the axles completely out rather then taking off the boots? but with that way how hard is it to line the spindle up on the reinstall?...... and what if the bolt is in and its moving, does that mean i need a new spring... like i said ill get pics up after i take it out
Old 09-23-2010, 08:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

ok so i am a complete idiot, so the clutch and everything was fine all along, i needed to tighten the cable (i thought i was but really i wasnt lol) i took everything off, the linkage the starter the axles and the tranny bolts and the mounts and got an idea to check the arm again and figured that out, tried to drive it and it kept stalling, just went out and looked at it and i forgot to plug the map sensor back in -_-, going to try again tomrrow, thanks everyone for your help. me = huge idiot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in