whistle noise after clutch install - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2010, 06:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 00_civic757 will become famous soon enough00_civic757 will become famous soon enough00_civic757 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Default whistle noise after clutch install

i just finished my new clutch install (F1 racing stage 3 6 puck clutch kit and findanza 7.5lb flywheel) and all is good with the clutch but i hear a whistle while im driving sounds like im on boost but when i press the clutch and RPMs drop to idle its gone

i dont think its a vac leak because my idle is fine it doesnt surge.... any ideas??

BTW its a LS w/ LS cable tranny

90 da b17 block/b16head coupe - quick when i had it but fast as shit now that my boy has done a few things to it....TRADED

95 eg z6 4 door - slow but decent for a Z6....TRADED

90 ef LS hatch- fast little fucker....it was a street legal go cart that BALLED lol...TRADED

97 ek GSR coupe - 8500 RPM is way way better than 7200rpm in LS EF....GOT A ROD KNOCK
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
00_civic757 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2010, 06:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 crxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

pilot bearing/throwout bearing

"Don't get too close to me, you'll get Horsepower on you!"
-DonWon
crxdonwon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2010, 06:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 00_civic757 will become famous soon enough00_civic757 will become famous soon enough00_civic757 will become famous soon enough

is it doin that because they are new or something cuz clutch install was finished yesterday

90 da b17 block/b16head coupe - quick when i had it but fast as shit now that my boy has done a few things to it....TRADED

90 ef LS hatch- fast little fucker....it was a street legal go cart that BALLED lol...TRADED

97 ek GSR coupe - 8500 RPM is way way better than 7200rpm in LS EF....GOT A ROD KNOCK
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-22-2010, 07:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

whats causing it to whistle?

Old 09-22-2010, 07:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
Pew Pew!

Rep Power: 23 Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sammo115

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxdonwon View Post
pilot bearing/throwout bearing
yup. Either its bad/ you didnt replace it or you installed the bearing wrong some how LOL.
Sammo115 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2010, 02:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

the noise went away i guess it was the bearing(s) breaking in and...BTW the ebay F1 racing stage 3 clutch i installed is great grabs hard but still a decently lite pedal for being stage 3 i will give it 2 thumbs up and would suggest this clutch to anybody....the clutch and a findanza 7.5lb flywheel 300 bucks shipped to my door....cant beat it what so ever

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in