Which oil for LSD? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2010, 08:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

JosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 43 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JosA
Default Which oil for LSD?

I just bought a tranny w/ LSD and I was wondering which oil is "ok" or "good" to run?

Someone recommended to me GM Syncromesh; but that shits like $15/quart.

Which oil do you use?

Right now I'm using Honda MTF in it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<---
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<--- For sick a$$ bolts!
JosA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2010, 08:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

Rep Power: 32 remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 54 reviews
Send a message via AIM to remoer Send a message via MSN to remoer Send a message via Yahoo to remoer

dd the car 10w30 call it a day..

The suspension should always be faster than the engine - BMW

The term stage was created to make mentally slow ppl feel physically fast.

my DOHC ZC - 133.73whp and 108.48wtq (tuned on a Dynojet)
remoer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2010, 08:41 AM   #3 (permalink)

JosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the sky

I was thinking 10w30; but I dont wanna fuck shit up lol.

I'd pm bone directly; but his inbox is probably full lol

<---

<--- For sick a$$ bolts!

Old 09-07-2010, 09:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 Jomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Buy some RP 10w30 and it should be good! I bought some penzoil syncromesh at autozone. I think its the same at the GM syncromesh.
Jomama is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2010, 10:05 AM   #5 (permalink)

Ill do that! I'll check out Vatozone on my way home

<---

<--- For sick a$$ bolts!
Old 09-07-2010, 10:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
Certified O.G.

Rep Power: 27 Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Staypuff578

BTW Gm Synchromesh is like $6-$7 a quart at vatozone.

MAKE SURE it's the one with friction modifiers. The last stuff I got was the stuff without and well.......I'm on my second transmission.

Quote:
almost as badass as my mustache, like a mustache with tits
Instagram- Spoolin_Larry
Staypuff578 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2010, 10:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

I'm using Honda MTF for my lsd tranny.i only use GM Syncromesh with friction modifiers when i have a slight grind...

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2010, 10:15 AM   #8 (permalink)

Ill swing by Vatozone and checkout what they have.

I've read running synthetic oil in the trans isnt the "BEST" for it because it creates a film strip on the syncros etc..

But isnt that what its supposed to do? lol

<---

<--- For sick a$$ bolts!
Old 09-07-2010, 10:16 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jzdreamin View Post
I'm using Honda MTF for my lsd tranny.i only use GM Syncromesh with friction modifiers when i have a slight grind...
Thats good to know. So far I don't feel any grinds.

There is a whining noise coming from the trans (assuming its the lsd cause this is what I've heard)

<---

<--- For sick a$$ bolts!
Old 09-07-2010, 10:18 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

im sure bone and Aquafina will chime in,maybe they can clear it up....

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2010, 10:19 AM   #11 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

the LSD shouldnt whine.

someone messed up your bearing clearances.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2010, 10:20 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danz View Post
the LSD shouldnt whine.

Oh no! Dont tell me this.. lol

<---

<--- For sick a$$ bolts!
Old 09-07-2010, 10:21 AM   #13 (permalink)
Certified O.G.

Rep Power: 27 Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
the LSD shouldnt whine.

Quote:
Instagram- Spoolin_Larry
Old 09-07-2010, 11:30 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Speedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 40 reviews

Quote:
the LSD shouldnt whine.

meh build it tighter and let it self-clearnace is my moto

240,000 miles and counting turbo EH9
nothing like 4drs, ac,moon roof, and 4 whores and running 13psi out or a ching chong t3/t4 setup
the build

if it survives the winter JdM d15b+Vitara+FJT+25psi=

professional tranny assassin, 2 stock diffs in 4 weeks on street tires and preload was used
Speedjunky01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2010, 11:41 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

christopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 23 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedjunky01 View Post
meh build it tighter and let it self-clearnace is my moto
hahha Call it autoguaging
christopher_davis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2010, 12:34 PM   #16 (permalink)

Rep Power: 27 Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aquafina

Self clearance = replace the diff bearings.

Supertech 10w-30 non-synthetic. I'm trying the Supertech 10w-30 high mileage right now. Going to run it for the next fluid change as well then see how the lab results compare to the regular 10w-30.
Aquafina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2010, 12:49 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquafina View Post
Self clearance = replace the diff bearings.

Supertech 10w-30 non-synthetic. I'm trying the Supertech 10w-30 high mileage right now. Going to run it for the next fluid change as well then see how the lab results compare to the regular 10w-30.
So you think I should run Walmart 10w30?

<---

<--- For sick a$$ bolts!
Old 09-07-2010, 03:40 PM   #18 (permalink)

Rep Power: 27 Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aquafina

Yep.
Aquafina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2010, 07:58 PM   #19 (permalink)

After talking with a friend I ended up going with 10w40 Mobile clean 5000.

While changing the oil I noticed I've already ripped BOTH axle boots :/

Thats what the noise was (most likely)

<---

<--- For sick a$$ bolts!
Old 09-07-2010, 07:59 PM   #20 (permalink)
Certified O.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosA View Post
After talking with a friend I ended up going with 10w40 Mobile clean 5000.

While changing the oil I noticed I've already ripped BOTH axle boots :/

Thats what the noise was (most likely)
After me making fun of you for buying a blown up tranny, i find out mine is actually blown up.

I hate you

Quote:
Instagram- Spoolin_Larry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in