Circle track racing - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2010, 07:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Circle track racing

I have a 1993 honda civic ex that i race on a oval third mile track.. needless to say the third gear ratio is not correct. im roughly putting out around 4300 rpms and need to be around 6500.... I run 185 60 r 14 for tires.. i need to know in that year tranny, where i can purchase a third gear with the correct ratio for the third mile track.. or is it possible to swap to a cable and use a different tranny.. please let me know of all possibilities...Thanks guys engine is a d16z6.. p.s. and I only use first, second, and third gear. it just that third gear is not geared correctly to put me up to about 6700rpms..

Last edited by bullharley; 08-22-2010 at 07:43 PM.
bullharley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2010, 08:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 SilverCoupe is starting to learn the ropesSilverCoupe is starting to learn the ropesSilverCoupe is starting to learn the ropesSilverCoupe is starting to learn the ropesSilverCoupe is starting to learn the ropesSilverCoupe is starting to learn the ropesSilverCoupe is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SilverCoupe

what is your budget? mfactory one of the sponsors on here has gear sets for our cars as well as final drives that might match what you need.
I wouldnt even THINK about a 3200 lb. pressure plate on a 7 bolt.I am pretty sure the moment you push the clutch in the crank is gonna shoot out the side of your car.
SilverCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2010, 09:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 27 Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aquafina

MFactory 1.565 3rd is what you need. See my section on here for pricing and info on it.

4,300 with the stock 3rd gets you 55mph

6,700 with the MFactory 3rd gets you 68mph
Aquafina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2010, 09:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Wes
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 10 Wes is starting to learn the ropesWes is starting to learn the ropesWes is starting to learn the ropesWes is starting to learn the ropesWes is starting to learn the ropesWes is starting to learn the ropesWes is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

support the sponsors!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Turn on, Tune in, and Drop out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2010, 10:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 18 Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Are you allowed to touch the ECU? I'd raise the rev limit and ride it out in second.

Or toss in a DX tranny and run second.

Sentry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2010, 10:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

^Bingo! Cheap solution, get a CX/VX/DX trans and run second.
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2010, 05:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 racer76j is almost a somebodyracer76j is almost a somebodyracer76j is almost a somebodyracer76j is almost a somebody

i have same problem brother.I actually have your other thread in my subscrition so i can find it easier.https://www.d-series.org/forums/trans...rpms.html.Here is another link to play with the gears with.Fatboy Raceworks Graphical Transmission Gear Ratio Calculator
I have ran 8k rpms in second with 195-70-14's and have blown a few bottom ends cause of it.Dont go above 7500 unless your running forged rods.
I am sending you a pm.Bullharly

I gotta be secretive too Kyle...LOL>
racer76j is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2010, 09:43 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

jeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussie

Is it a banked track?
How many laps?
Do you have to down shift to 2nd in the corner?

I used to race 1/4 mile banked oval in a 92 teg. 3rd gear the whole time. shifting seems to beat it up too much and beat me up too much. 75-100 lap races, no cautions, no slicks.

1995 Delcamino D15Beater7
Synchrotech EX trans / LSD clutch
Ebay Header/Hackpro Custom 2" Exhaust
Nitrous Express Wet Kit
Hackpro Custom one-off tow hitch.

Quote:
You win at everything forever!
jeremy85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2010, 05:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

its banked a little..i dont shift to 2nd in the corners always third..25 laps street tires too..I put a new fly wheel 8.5lbs steel with a stage one clutch kit.. after it wemt from 5200 to 4300 rpms.. it was an old clutch that i replaced..old clutch could of been slipping... dont have an answer for that one.. to answer jeremy's question
Old 08-28-2010, 05:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

I installed a 8.5 lb steel fly wheel this year with a stage one clutch kit.. it all came together.. last year with original clutch it was 5200rpms and with the new stuff uts 4200rpms.. what i need is for that third gear to pull me hard right off the corners..i dont know how to navagate to see your pricing but will try.. if you can send me a price that would be great.. ie shipping address.. thanks again aquafina.. i will also be looking for a lsd for that transmission too !!
Old 08-28-2010, 06:03 PM   #11 (permalink)

Rep Power: 27 Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!

The clutch was likely slipping, the weight of the flywheel doesn't affect RPM while in gear, only lets you accelerate faster/slower (weight of the flywheel and speed at start of acceleration are the variables). The 1.565 3rd will definitely pull hard for you. Just sent you a PM.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

another question for you guys.. If i swapped from a hydro tranny to a cable could i run an si transmission? from say like a 90 91 ?? there gearing for that track seem great.. just a thought..seems like they would fit.. just by eyeballing it
Old 08-28-2010, 06:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

With the ecu i could take the rev limiter out but i think it would be too much rpms for the motor
Old 08-28-2010, 06:14 PM   #14 (permalink)

You could run a D16A6 trans, but the gearing is practically the same

Z6/A6

1 - 3.250/3.250
2 - 1.900/1.894
3 - 1.250/1.259

FD - 4.250/4.250
Old 08-28-2010, 07:50 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 racer76j is almost a somebodyracer76j is almost a somebodyracer76j is almost a somebodyracer76j is almost a somebody

higher revs for 15 to 25 laps = kaboom.Unless Bottom end is built for it.It's not drag racing where you do one straight pull from 11-15 sec's (depending on build)You are doing two of those per lap at around 22-30 sec's per lap X 15 or 25 laps.
Gear,grip,and less recriprocating mass is the key.Hence the reason some tracks say stock fly wheel and steel wheels.You can switch gears in a honda.Woohoo.Can't in the domestics.Neons have a better 3rd than us but have to run the tires you are trying to run and can't play with it as much as you since you can't buy after market gears or swap gears from trans to trans.Reason i went honda.
Thank god for the people that think it was the honda that made them slow when they had one and went back to dodge or chevy.There lack of SEARCHING made it better for us.Less guys that know what hondas are capable off.
racer76j is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2010, 01:23 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 bake82 is da #1 stunnabake82 is da #1 stunnabake82 is da #1 stunnabake82 is da #1 stunnabake82 is da #1 stunnabake82 is da #1 stunnabake82 is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

I would find a longer geared tranny and run in 2nd. As good as the Mfactory 3rd is, it might not actually get you where you need to be. In my experience you need to be at 7200 to be competitive.
bake82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2015, 06:02 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 Michael99 is learning the way of the DMichael99 is learning the way of the D

what about to put a bigger diameter front wheels and big profile tires

and run some engine oil radiator to keep oil cool down

and try to go in second gear

what Is your average speed on 3rd gear on the track by the way?
and what is your maximum speed on second gear?
Michael99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2015, 05:01 AM   #18 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

5yr bump? good to see yall searching.
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2015, 10:05 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

ITs good to see searching, but to answer a 5yr old thread is a different story lol. Ive done it, but its still AAARRRRGGH lol

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2015, 07:03 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 Michael99 is learning the way of the DMichael99 is learning the way of the D

I don't know what the hell, but I definitely saw this thread in today new posts like I'm watching usually. I know now its look funny) especially when two guys comment me)
Michael99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in