Polyurethane bushings. general question - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2010, 07:04 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Polyurethane bushings. general question

i searched this forum but none answered my general question.
how bad is polyurethane bushings for a DD?

i ordered the full kit from energy suspension. i just want to know what the ride is like. my car is lowered on coilovers and the camber kit is coming and she's pretty rough right now but corners really good.

i wonder when i install the bushings, if i raise my car a bit and soften the dampening and increase spring rating, with the bushings will i have a little more comfier ride with still the good cornering?
kelvinzxcv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2010, 07:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 38 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

Optimal handling and optimal comfort RARELY go together!

The poly bushings will make things a bit more bouncy, but not much. I personally don't like poly bushings, they deform and are noisy. Not to mention if you use the rear main trailing arm bushing it can cause "snap-back oversteer", not fun.

Raising the car will keep it form bottoming out, softening the dampeners should give it a smoother ride, and increasing the spring rate will make it much more bouncy. For a softer ride, soften up the shocks and lower the spring rate.

And yes once you do this it will have a negative effect on the cornering capability of your car, unless you're massively to low to begin with.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Have you checked
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
today?

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!

Last edited by awebb; 08-20-2010 at 07:11 AM.
awebb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2010, 07:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

they are noisy only if you install them WRONG

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2010, 07:36 AM   #4 (permalink)

ah. when people say poly bushings squeak, is that a bad thing? like on ur arms and rods and stuff?

i know a bumpy ride means bad on wheels and tires.

i never heard of poly bushings deforming before..hmm..will this happen if u have the bushings on a DD with ocassional rough roads?
Old 08-20-2010, 07:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

understand the difference

when a rubber bushing moves, its twisting the entire thing with it

on a poly, it simply twists in the middle

if not oiled/lubed properly during install, it squeaks BAD

energy suspension is usually generous on lubrication for their bushings

Build what you have!

Old 08-20-2010, 07:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 38 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Agreed, if they're lubed properly they won't squeak but you will need to check to make sure they stay lubed. Like I said I'm not a fan but they do have their place.

Have you checked
today?

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!
Old 08-20-2010, 12:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

also Polys wears out, mostly the front UCA bushings.

Treat them like SS lines, inspect yearly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2010, 05:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

^ yup, inner front control arm poly replacements are known to wear out FAST

just not the place for an aftermarket bushing it seems.

Build what you have!

Old 08-20-2010, 11:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

I didn't have that problem....because after 2-3 years I pulled some Dukes Of Hazard stunt and bent both front LCA's and put stock ones back on

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 18 Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!
Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
I didn't have that problem....because after 2-3 years I pulled some Dukes Of Hazard stunt and bent both front LCA's and put stock ones back on
Jumping the homeless in a D like this?

If you need a part, hit me up. I'm willing to help out the remaining D-Series soldiers on the cheap.

Nasty_Canasta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2010, 11:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

I got more air than that.....when you can count to 3 after ramping of the embankment......not good.

Happened one week before N5 CRX meet, you can still see the mud on the RR.....which let me know on the trip the hub bearing wasn't happy

Quote:
Old 08-21-2010, 05:34 AM   #12 (permalink)

it seems i didnt know much abt poly bushings hmm..i guess ill have to wait for install to actually experience and review it for myself. thanks guys! il remember to excessively lube during install.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:04 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 d fabulous is learning the way of the Dd fabulous is learning the way of the D

whats the other choice besides poly? are there complete rubber replacement kits too? any suggestions?

Probably shouldn't put poly's on my DD? I'm redoing the whole suspension pretty much so i need all new bushings.
d fabulous is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2010, 07:11 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

moog

Build what you have!

Old 08-21-2010, 07:31 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 20 tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!
tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by awebb View Post
Agreed, if they're lubed properly they won't squeak but you will need to check to make sure they stay lubed. Like I said I'm not a fan but they do have their place.
What do you suggest for rear trailing arm bushings instead of poly?
You guys should all just get Miatas.
Nobody ever tries to race you, old guys give you thumbs up all the time, and random assholes yell homophobic obscenities at you.
tronsteezz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2010, 08:21 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series G0D

MOOG

aftermarket rubber bushings

Build what you have!

Old 08-21-2010, 08:23 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 29 Civichatch91 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Civichatch91 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Civichatch91 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Civichatch91 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Civichatch91 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Civichatch91 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Civichatch91 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Civichatch91 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Civichatch91 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Civichatch91 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Civichatch91 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Civichatch91 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Civichatch91 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Civichatch91 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Civichatch91 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Civichatch91

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
they are noisy only if you install them WRONG
I just put mine in my car and mine have not made one noise since I installed them and I have put 75 miles on them and all the other stuff.

This is well worth the money and you will not be disapointed. They do drive stiffer and I mean alot harder/bouncier whatever but when you hit a turn you will not regret you did it..

TRUST ME
Old 08-21-2010, 08:42 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series G0D

OEM CTR springs and struts, PLUS this master kit make for a hella cool ride

Build what you have!

Old 08-21-2010, 07:59 PM   #19 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tronsteezz View Post
What do you suggest for rear trailing arm bushings instead of poly?
Hardrace or OEM (and yes you can get OEM bushings from Honda).

Look at the link I posted for the exact part number (Source of info, posted by Tinky).

The guy behind the counter won't be able to pull the P/N up, according to him you'll have to buy the whole rear trailing arm assembly. What he doesn't know is that Honda will allow their service department to order to bushing and install it themselves.

So if you give them the P/N that the service department would use it'll pop up! You can order it and install it yourself...

Have you checked
today?

Old 08-22-2010, 08:54 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

90dirtydsi It's a JDM Star Bitches....90dirtydsi It's a JDM Star Bitches....90dirtydsi It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

I DD poly bushings and ahve only noticed a differenece in steering response.
90dirtydsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in