Ok got a question...... - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2010, 10:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Ok got a question......

ok i jus bought this car from a guy and he said the clutch was out but while its in gear and the engine is off the car rolls jus like it would if it was out of gear. there is no noises coming from it while its rolling. when the engine is running and its in gear i can let out on the clutch and rev it up and it wont go anywhere or try to stall. what can this be? do i need a new tranny or what? any help would be greatly appreciated.
LiL Green EJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2010, 11:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

Sounds like the previous owner dumped the clutch and broke the diff or even an axle.
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2010, 05:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 v-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to v-tecivic

check the clutch fluid if its hydrolic.

the pressure plate and clutch disc might be shot.

have a friend press on the clutch and with the hood open, check to see if the clutch fork is moving at all. if it doesn't, it could be a slave cylinder, or clutch master cylinder.
v-tecivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 06:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

the clutch pedal has resistance to it when it its pushed in and is let out. it have plenty of fluid and no air comes out when it is pressed. it goes into gear jus fine but doesnt make any noise when its in gear while the engine is on. i have drove standards all my life and never have i ran into this problem. i have had tranny's lose certain gears but they didnt roll while it was in the " new neutral " gear lol
LiL Green EJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2010, 06:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!

Rep Power: 32 si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to si-hatch86 Send a message via MSN to si-hatch86 Send a message via Yahoo to si-hatch86

get underneath it and see if the axles arent popped out go from there after that

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP Pat Primmer
RIP MILO
si-hatch86 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2010, 06:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 18 Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!
Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

x2 on the axles.^^^

If you need a part, hit me up. I'm willing to help out the remaining D-Series soldiers on the cheap.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Nasty_Canasta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2010, 07:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 20 boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostfreak0885

ive broke a few axles and stock diffs, and after letting out the clutch, you should get a nasty sound... but you never know... if the axles popped out, which would be a hard thing for them to do and it would be quite noticable with trans fluid everywhere... make sure they arent broken off right inside the case where its hard to see without pulling the axle out.

best time so far
11.201 at 128mph with a 1.79 60 foot.. damn i need traction, best trap speed is 129mph. 26psi h1c

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!
boostfreak0885 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2010, 07:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!

Rep Power: 32 si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to si-hatch86 Send a message via MSN to si-hatch86 Send a message via Yahoo to si-hatch86

ive had my axle pop out just barely and it wouldnt go anywhere but no fluid leaked at all and it was just topped off the night before. either way just get underneath real quick and check. worth taking a look at it

RIP Pat Primmer
RIP MILO
si-hatch86 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in