ZC LSD trans and Z6 block - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2010, 11:59 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default ZC LSD trans and Z6 block

I have a buddy who is going to give me his ZC tranny because he just did a bseries swap. I know the trans will bolt up and all my question is: Will the intermediate shaft work with this block or not? I currently have a 91 SI trans in the car. The car is a 1991 ef hatch. If this wont work what will i have to do to make it work and will my si axles work if the intermediate shaft doesnt bolt up? i have searched and have found some saying one thing or another. thanks for the advice
paymecracka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2010, 12:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

depends......

early Z6 blocks were tapped, later ones weren't.

Your Si axles won't work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2010, 06:24 AM   #3 (permalink)

ok so i should be able to look at the backside of the block by the alternator end and see if its tapped and i would just have to change the axles correct because from what ive read the hub splines are the same. I wasn't sure about the axles because ive seen people talk about doing the swap and said they have used their si axles

Old 08-18-2010, 06:34 AM   #4 (permalink)

they are both cable trannys, idk if that would make a difference for any type of fitment
Old 08-19-2010, 12:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

When you have the facts, post back!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2010, 06:42 AM   #6 (permalink)

haha woe thats what im trying to figure out if you have the answer then tell me ive searched over a few forums and everyone seems to have their own "facts" about this issue im just trying to figure out which is right
Old 08-19-2010, 11:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

ive got a 91 hatch. ive got a d16z6 in it with a zc lsd trans. my holes were threaded so the intermediate shaft bolted right up. if tehres no threads there should be holes, just break out the tap and die set and tap them. but im running the trans on my z6 with the correct intermediate shaft (there is 2 different ones), da integra axles and da integra spindles.

p.s., gotta love the idea of b-series axles on your d-series car..
just spray it is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2010, 12:16 PM   #8 (permalink)

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in