My car is Broke! =( NEED HELP! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2010, 11:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 Crix smells like BoratCrix smells like BoratCrix smells like BoratCrix smells like BoratCrix smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Default My car is Broke! =( NEED HELP!

Ok soo i was doin a little burnout, wheels were hoppin like mad, and soon as i was about to push in the clutch my car decided to clutch it self. It was as if i was in neutral when i was actually in first gear. I checked the axles, hoping that one of em may have popped out during the wheel hope, or maybe broke one. Turns out axles are fine! Motor "off" "first gear", axles free spin.

Sooo..... How likely is it that i may have broke the input shaft maybe? Or broke some gears? Has anybody ran into this problem? I'm pretty sure its a problem with the transmission. But i just dont see how my new, but stock axles didnt mess up before the transmission..... Insight please!?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Crix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2010, 11:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Certified O.G.

Rep Power: 27 Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Staypuff578

Sounds to me like your clutch took a shit....

*waits for Bone to chime in*

Quote:
almost as badass as my mustache, like a mustache with tits
Instagram- Spoolin_Larry
Staypuff578 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2010, 11:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

when it was in first gear but no more power to the wheels, did the speedo still work????

Axles or spider gears.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2010, 11:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 Crix smells like BoratCrix smells like BoratCrix smells like BoratCrix smells like BoratCrix smells like Borat

Hmmm... I didnt pay attention to the speedo, didnt think of that. But im kinda afraid to get it in too high of rpms as is. Thats a good idea though! And the clutch should be fine! Its not but 3to4 weeks old, broke it in just fine and dandy, and it grips hella good!
LSD 6-puck sprung, 200 hp rating.

Old 08-11-2010, 11:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

What if the speedo does.... or does not go increase in speed?

Old 08-12-2010, 01:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Simple, start car, put tranny in first, let out the clutch.

Report any noises and what the speedo does.

If the speedo moves at all, diff or axles. I've broken both. You can break an axle and everything looks perfect, not even the grease boot gets twisted up.

IF the speedo moves, pull both axles. If when pulling them from the tranny and you hear a clunk from inside the tranny and the axle opening is partly blocked....find another tranny first.

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

For example....spit out an axle but never leaked any fluid, looked fine from underneath, axles looked to be fully seated.

Quote:
Old 08-12-2010, 05:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 38 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

First off listen to bone.

Second, sounds like you cooked the clutch (especially if you didn't hear it make any kind of loud clank/metal breaking sound).

Have you checked
today?

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!
awebb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2010, 06:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
1.8 nawz powa

Rep Power: 38 Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

this is what happens when you do stupid stuff like burn outs
Old 08-12-2010, 06:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!

Rep Power: 32 T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher View Post
this is what happens when you do stupid stuff like clutch outs
Fixed!

Hella Flush.....Were waiting!

Xbox gamer tag: THErealTMACK
T-MacK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2010, 10:29 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

Alrighty, i gotchya. Im on my way to go tow it home. Ill let yall know whats up once i get it back home. Thanks for the help!

Old 08-12-2010, 10:42 AM   #12 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

You realize wheel hop is a bad thing right?

The INSTANT any car starts to wheel hop, you need to let out.
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2010, 11:01 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

Pull both axles and and examine the diff pin. If it's not there or f'd up...time for a new diff.
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2010, 11:08 AM   #14 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 19 d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!
d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK92_D16 View Post
Pull both axles and and examine the diff pin. If it's not there or f'd up...time for a new diff.
Or you have a car with an lsd ;]
d-serious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2010, 11:11 AM   #15 (permalink)
1.8 nawz powa

Rep Power: 38 Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

if the diff does go this would be a good time for lsd, but i know moneys tight, i have another dx/lx trans at the house if you need it dude man.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:21 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

Ok got the car towed back home now.. Speedo does work.. I havent got a chance to check the driver side axle yet, im gonna check that as soon as i can, gotta be at work in an hour though... =/

Old 08-12-2010, 12:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Tilt View Post
You realize wheel hop is a bad thing right?

The INSTANT any car starts to wheel hop, you need to let out.
Ha ya im aware! Thats why i said i was about to push in the clutch when things just went to shit! =/

and ya topher im prolly gonna have to hold you up to that offer b/c im thinking its the differential.... =/

Old 08-14-2010, 03:20 PM   #18 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I was doing a burnout once then I heard a grinding noise I was like wtf axels popped out I couldn't tell it though from looking at it but I took a hammer and banged it back in and drove it to a shop. They replaced them and told me it was just the locking pins or something that keeps them in place. Word up it sounds like your clutch tranny is F'd.
DavidCH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2010, 07:50 PM   #19 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crix View Post
Ok got the car towed back home now.. Speedo does work.. I havent got a chance to check the driver side axle yet, im gonna check that as soon as i can, gotta be at work in an hour though... =/
axle or spider.....lack of noise means likely an axle.

Quote:
Old 08-14-2010, 11:22 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series lover

Hmmmm..... Well the axles looked fine passenger side anyways. I havent done anything but just glance at the driver side. And it looks in all the way. But when i put it in "first gear" whille its on jack stands, (engine "off") The passenger axle would free spin by hand.... ?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in