trans usable? *caution large pics* - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2010, 05:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!

Rep Power: 32 si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to si-hatch86 Send a message via MSN to si-hatch86 Send a message via Yahoo to si-hatch86
Default trans usable? *caution large pics*

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

just snapped some quick pics of the trans more to come in a lil bit. but any input as if its usable or not would be nice. any other pics needed i can take. now one thing is that a steel ball fell out of it when i cracked the case open. it looked like there was 2 but could only manage to come up with one. oh yea this is also the trans that was under water. the brass doesnt look to have expanded to much if at all but im in no way familiar with the insides of a trans so any help is appreciated....bone if you need clearer pics or diff angle let me know and ill get them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP Pat Primmer
RIP MILO
si-hatch86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2010, 10:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Useable, but need full strip down and flushed. Someone either ran wrong fluid or ran it low. ALL bearing will need cleaned and inspected. The black coating is a dead give away of the fluid issues. I do see some crap around 5th gear and maybe second, might be bearing cage material from the ISB.

B16 hydro tranny???? Yeah, I know.

Damn son, most of those pics are killer great!!!!! I can see the brass is in near perfect shape!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.

Last edited by transzex; 08-11-2010 at 10:52 PM.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2010, 11:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 32 si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via AIM to si-hatch86 Send a message via MSN to si-hatch86 Send a message via Yahoo to si-hatch86

not sure of the fluid history being i got the whole car from a junk yard. it was a theft recovery and had been tossed into a canal atleast over night till they found it. its a y8 trans from a 00 ex. just quickly snapped the pics before i had to leave. worth fixing with new bearings and so on?

RIP Pat Primmer
RIP MILO

Old 08-11-2010, 11:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 RhapsodynMotion is starting to learn the ropesRhapsodynMotion is starting to learn the ropesRhapsodynMotion is starting to learn the ropesRhapsodynMotion is starting to learn the ropesRhapsodynMotion is starting to learn the ropesRhapsodynMotion is starting to learn the ropesRhapsodynMotion is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

do it. it'll be a learning experience. my y8 tranny i got for 20$ is still sitting the garage in pieces and labeled. lol.

RhapsodynMotion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2010, 11:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

very worth fixing!

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:47 PM   #6 (permalink)

sweet. guess when i get the money to get some part (gonna be awhile tho) ill be attempting to fix this trans. now gotta read up that pdf manual on the trans so i can fix it correctly..

RIP Pat Primmer
RIP MILO
Old 08-12-2010, 01:34 AM   #7 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

I'm kicking myself for thinking it was a B trans...but then again the HUGE pics didn't help.

OK, I like the pics, but only if they weren't click-able!

Myself I would buy that tranny for $50-75 and then go through it and then list for $250. Then again my rep for doing this is spotless.

I'll admit, I've been burnt before

Quote:
Old 08-12-2010, 01:35 AM   #8 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

I'm kicking myself for thinking it was a B trans...but then again the HUGE pics didn't help.

OK, I like the pics, but only if they weren't click-able!

Myself I would buy that tranny for $50-75 and then go through it and then list for $250. Then again my rep for doing this is spotless.

I'll admit, I've been burnt before

Quote:
Old 08-12-2010, 01:59 AM   #9 (permalink)

Yea the pics were big bc I wasn't sure if it would help or not n was hoping they were clear enough to see if everything was or to use. Being I got it free of cost is a plus. Now this is the 2nd trans I've ever opened and the last one was beyond help n I don't wanna ruin this one, gonna take my time n read the pdf manual and hopefully it works when I'm done with it. I hope I can get it in running condition

RIP Pat Primmer
RIP MILO
Old 08-12-2010, 02:07 AM   #10 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

well I suggest.........starting a new thread and smaller pics next time. A very minor complaint!

Maybe try Photobucket as well.

Quote:
Old 08-12-2010, 02:11 AM   #11 (permalink)

Will do.... Thanks for the input on the trans

Edit: holy crap these pics take forever to load on my phone....

RIP Pat Primmer
RIP MILO

Last edited by si-hatch86; 08-12-2010 at 02:15 AM.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:59 AM   #12 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

Photobucket automatically resizes them to about perfect size for forums FYI

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2010, 10:14 AM   #13 (permalink)
Premium Member

Rep Power: 41 Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via AIM to Bizzar Send a message via MSN to Bizzar Send a message via Yahoo to Bizzar

Ehhh...imageshack has a drop down re-size option for the future fyi

Bizzar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in