Swapping Gears - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2010, 10:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 bake82 is da #1 stunnabake82 is da #1 stunnabake82 is da #1 stunnabake82 is da #1 stunnabake82 is da #1 stunnabake82 is da #1 stunnabake82 is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Default Swapping Gears

I am 99% sure I can do this, but want confirmation. Please keep in mind this is for an oval track set up and I am only looking for help if this can be done, and not asking questions as to why I am doing this. I am doing this so I can run any track in the area without changing transmissions and rev to about 7200-7400 at any track.

Car is 91 Civic Hatch with cable trans

My current set up:

91 Si trans

What I want to do is the following

I believe what I would do is use the 4spd main and counter shafts, install the 3rd and 4th gears onto those shafts, install collars again and then put the shafts into the SI case with SI FD and then shim the main or counter shafts(pls clarify).

Can this be done? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by bake82; 08-05-2010 at 04:38 AM.
bake82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2010, 10:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 bake82 is da #1 stunnabake82 is da #1 stunnabake82 is da #1 stunnabake82 is da #1 stunnabake82 is da #1 stunnabake82 is da #1 stunnabake82 is da #1 stunna

Also I need to use the SI Case.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

while possible it is a bad idea.

You'd end up with a three speed tranny since HF/STD 2nd is nearly identical as MF 3rd.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 04:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Ok. My main reason for doing this is because I only ever run in 1 gear at a time. By having these gears,I can go to any track in Ontario and run my car on the oval track and be hitting 7200-7400 at any track. The restarts may suck a little bit, but overall it will be best for me to do this gearing if possible. Can you help me out on what I would need to do for it to work??

Thanks Bone!

Last edited by bake82; 08-05-2010 at 04:39 AM.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

You should have explained that in the first post, damn roundy round cars!

Now I need to know what gears you are running now at which track and rpms turning, restarts in which gear????

I built a F Prod gearbox for Lee Grimes of Koni USA. His major complaint is most restarts are at the top of second gear on a CRX Si box. So in went HF/STD 1-2 but kept the normal 3-4-5 combo. He'll have a good 5-7 seconds of pull in second gear on restarts then a very quick shift into third, then race only using 3-4-5 as normal...mind you he's also running on 20x9x13" Goodyear slicks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2010, 04:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

PM sent.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 27 Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aquafina

Check your email Kyle.
Aquafina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2010, 08:02 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Chris..probably went to my hotmail. I will check it when i get home. I also sent you a email today from work. Thanks man!
Old 08-16-2010, 11:05 AM   #9 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 27 Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aquafina

I'll try to check mine before you get home. :P

Have to run out and pickup some stuff from the machine shop and find some oddball size allen screws before everywhere closes for the day.
Aquafina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in