2nd Gear down shift grind - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2010, 04:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 10 slowsinglecam smells like Boratslowsinglecam smells like Boratslowsinglecam smells like Boratslowsinglecam smells like Boratslowsinglecam smells like Boratslowsinglecam smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Default 2nd Gear down shift grind

I'm starting to get a grind when I down shift into 2nd from 3rd. Even if I rev match to double clutch it still does it. I read some where it could be my mounts? Im pretty sure its the stock si trans in my 91 still.
slowsinglecam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2010, 12:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

mounts or shitter fork

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2010, 01:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 Save/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

well depending on how well your rev matching i would say synchros. which are usually noticeable first when downshifting and once it becomes a normal occourance it will happen when going into 2nd and just be worst when downshifting. I tend to just push in the clutch when coming to a stop but thats just my driving style.
Build me a sandwich.
But if we are talking about motors then listen to these other guys
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
91 Cubic Inches of Muscle!
Save/Sohc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2010, 02:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

brroookeennn shifftt forkkkkk
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2010, 04:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 10 slowsinglecam smells like Boratslowsinglecam smells like Boratslowsinglecam smells like Boratslowsinglecam smells like Boratslowsinglecam smells like Boratslowsinglecam smells like Borat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cervan View Post
brroookeennn shifftt forkkkkk
Well if its that should I start looking for a new trans or can I fix that my self?
slowsinglecam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2010, 05:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 10 aznboy515 is learning the way of the Daznboy515 is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsinglecam View Post
Well if its that should I start looking for a new trans or can I fix that my self?
fork have nothing todo with trans, it sits on the spine between clutch and the tranny,

might just get new clutch kit while ur at it if its oem.
aznboy515 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2010, 06:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 20 tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!
tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznboy515 View Post
fork have nothing todo with trans, it sits on the spine between clutch and the tranny,

whatever you are on I'll take two
You guys should all just get Miatas.
Nobody ever tries to race you, old guys give you thumbs up all the time, and random assholes yell homophobic obscenities at you.
tronsteezz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2010, 07:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznboy515 View Post

Explain to me the 4 shifter forks INSIDE the tranny that has NOTHING to do with the clutch.

I never said CLUTCH fork which you are trying to explain.

Now everyone is going "Four shifter forks, I thought there were only three?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2010, 12:54 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

theres 4 if you add in reverse.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in