oh oh, tranny cant get into 1st or 2nd? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2010, 08:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 10 aznboy515 is learning the way of the Daznboy515 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Default oh oh, tranny cant get into 1st or 2nd?

ok i know its a b series transmission but its still same concept, the linkage is little bent, so i brough a working used one today, but it still does same thing,

i tried to bench shift, but seems like it only goes in 2 gears, it cant be 1st or 2nd, because when i drive it, accleration is super slow like i start in 3rd or 4th,

which position is 1st and 2nd? i tried to copy motion of shifting into gears by a screw driver, but cant seem to get it in 1st,

so it i turn the stick where bitch pin goes counterclockwise and push in the rod, that should be 1st gear correct? and pull for 2nd, ?
aznboy515 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2010, 09:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

out for 1st/3rd/5th, in for 2nd/4th/Rev

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2010, 07:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 10 aznboy515 is learning the way of the Daznboy515 is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
out for 1st/3rd/5th, in for 2nd/4th/Rev
thanks alot bones , repped again!!! so i should be able to turn it clock or counter-clockwise to shift in all 6 gears smoothly correctly?

Old 07-29-2010, 10:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

Most transmissions I've worked on I've never needed to turn the input shaft any direction in order to get the thing to shift. But seeing how our engine rotates counter-clockwise I would spin it that way as well.
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2010, 11:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK92_D16 View Post
Most transmissions I've worked on I've never needed to turn the input shaft any direction in order to get the thing to shift. But seeing how our engine rotates counter-clockwise I would spin it that way as well.
i get what ur saying, but just push in and out thats only 3rd and 4th gear, in order get into other 4, you would have to push clock or counter-clock i think. i was tryin copy shifter;s motion with screw driver last night lol.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....

Ok, you are thinking only of the linkage shifter input into the trans...I mentioned turning the input shaft of the trans that goes into the clutch. Two different things. If you can try turning the input shaft while trying to access the other gears via the linkage input. If that doesn't work, I'd say you have a broken shift fork...which of course is inside the trans.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

i wish it is just the fork, but it shifts perfect fine into 3rd and 4th? maybe ill take out the trans and double check the fork, past owner said he just got the trans, dont know too much about it. i guess it will be my first time take a look inside, never hurts if its bad anyway haha.

thanks repped~
Old 07-29-2010, 05:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

This DIY should help with cracking that thing open...since it'll be your first time, you tranny virgin you. LOL!

https://www.d-series.org/forums/trans...ng-change.html
Old 07-29-2010, 07:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

haha thanks, i already read those couple times. i was going to tear down my z6 si tranny to use different gears but i guess ill have todo this one, b series should be about same correct? ill dig other forums, im sure there is plenty write ups around!

anyway, so what u guys think is bent/broken that prevent me to bench shift it in gears? maybe i need to push in the clutch and try bench shift it at same time? ill try that next week . i know sometimes gears dnt go in without pushing clutch in. especially 1st or 2nd.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:30 AM   #10 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

When I bench shift a tranny, I put an old clutch on input shaft and spin it while shifting/changing gears. Make sure to wear a leather glove when doing this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2010, 08:03 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

For a second there I had forgotten you were talking about a B-series trans. Well, since I had the priviledge of opening one myself and replaced an ISB in it I can say that the way that the fork selector assembly is designed makes it easier to remove in order to access the stacks to remove. So yeah, it'll probably be easier.

A quick search should net you a DIY ISB change for a B-series.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:31 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

AH HA! 30 second if googling is wonderful!

B-series transmission teardown/rebuild tutorial - Honda-Tech

this is why i love hondas, there is vitually everywrite up for almost everything!!! and there always few good write ups for each job!

so proper bench shift a tranny while its in the car would be have someone push on the clutch in the car, and another person under the car shift the spine thing (where bitch pin goes)???

because i realize when your not pushing in the clutch petal, its even hard todo on good working cars. ??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in