Replacement tranny ? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2010, 04:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Replacement tranny ?

Hey guys just have a quick noob question, my transmission went a month ago so i went searching for a "new" one and got one out of a del slow and it is a standard ex/si 92-95 tranny. I was just wondering of any was to clean the inside of the housing of all the rust and if there are any ways of determining if it needs any work done while it is out of the car. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2010, 06:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

if the housing is rusted, you have the wrong tranny. Alum doesn't rust.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2010, 07:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
if the housing is rusted, you have the wrong tranny. Alum doesn't rust.
I second that one Rofl

transzex helped me out for days to make sure I got the right trans for my application. You should post pics of this rusted trans so we can see it.
91 Crx SI TGP
94 Accord DX Coupe H22 w/ LSD
96 Prelude VTEC NBP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Z6hatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2010, 08:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Default Pics

http://s969.photobucket.com/albums/a...0.jpg&newest=1
http://s969.photobucket.com/albums/a...7.jpg&newest=1
http://s969.photobucket.com/albums/a...6.jpg&newest=1
Pretty sure its the right tranny, whats the brown scaley stuff in the bell housing? I cleaned it up b4 these pics with a wire wheel n a drill but some i can't get 2. Transex, how can i tell if it is good without putting it in the car, if there is any way? ps when i put the trans in what position does the rod that connects to the shift linkage have to be in when installing or does it automatically go into the correct position when you shift gears? (this is my first time doing this and i will have help)
Old 08-01-2010, 11:05 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 D2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Just surface rust from the weather. the rust is from the mount bracket it will come off easily.
D2ZBOY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2010, 02:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 10 aznboy515 is learning the way of the Daznboy515 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3james95 View Post
DSC00560.jpg picture by 3james95 - Photobucket
DSC00557.jpg picture by 3james95 - Photobucket
DSC00556.jpg picture by 3james95 - Photobucket
Pretty sure its the right tranny, whats the brown scaley stuff in the bell housing? I cleaned it up b4 these pics with a wire wheel n a drill but some i can't get 2. Transex, how can i tell if it is good without putting it in the car, if there is any way? ps when i put the trans in what position does the rod that connects to the shift linkage have to be in when installing or does it automatically go into the correct position when you shift gears? (this is my first time doing this and i will have help)

just make sure hole is verticle(the rod connect to shift linkage), u should be able to hand push it in and out, then middle is where neutral, but when u get it all done and ready to start, push in clutch and make sure its in neutral with your shifter.
aznboy515 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
cleaning, diagnosing, transmission

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in