Integra dual bend shifter. Pros/cons? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2010, 07:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Integra dual bend shifter. Pros/cons?

I'm thinking about installing a dual bend shifter into my 94 hatch (d16z6) w/ y8 trans. I was just wanting to see if any of you have used or currently have a dual bend integra shifter in your civic. It seems like it would be a bit better but I wanted some input before I go out and buy one. I also was curious about what integras have the dual bend shifter, does it have to be a gsr? I am replacing my trans with a y8 p4a and will be porting my head and doing a full tune up along with some othe stuff an I figured a new shifter would b nice too. If anyone has experience with using one and or installing one let me know if it is a direct fit and what not. TIA. Also what year teg and model do I need one out of and do they cause any problems with shifting or grin or damage to the trans
91 Crx SI TGP
94 Accord DX Coupe H22 w/ LSD
96 Prelude VTEC NBP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Z6hatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2010, 07:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 15 immajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagle

love mt oem teg shifter,is closer to your body and is taller.
immajackuup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2010, 07:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

Rep Power: 32 remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 54 reviews
Send a message via AIM to remoer Send a message via MSN to remoer Send a message via Yahoo to remoer

here's mine.

here's my GS-R shifter w/a Circut Hero shifter extesion prior installed

here's it is installed

The suspension should always be faster than the engine - BMW

The term stage was created to make mentally slow ppl feel physically fast.

my DOHC ZC - 133.73whp and 108.48wtq (tuned on a Dynojet)
remoer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 08:11 AM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 15 immajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by remoer View Post
here's mine.

Here's my gs-r shifter w/a circut hero shifter extesion prior installed

here's it is installed
now that just retarded.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

Rep Power: 32 remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 54 reviews
Send a message via AIM to remoer Send a message via MSN to remoer Send a message via Yahoo to remoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by immajackuup View Post
now that just retarded.
why cause you didn't think of it. it's quite comfortable shifting.

The suspension should always be faster than the engine - BMW

The term stage was created to make mentally slow ppl feel physically fast.

my DOHC ZC - 133.73whp and 108.48wtq (tuned on a Dynojet)
remoer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2010, 08:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
Defender of the D

Rep Power: 19 Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!
Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 50 reviews

OP, I have a dual bend in mine.. and i love it.. although i put shifter bushings in when i did mine. As for diffierence between LS and GSR and all.. I think the GSR is the only one you don't have to trim to fit.. the LS i put in mine.. the base where it bolts to the shifter arm is a few mm to wide to fit in a dseris linkage.. so you have to trim just a bit off.
Quote:
to put the words all motor d16 and beast in the same sentence is pretty funny LOL , go boost if you want a beast, the best you can hope for NA is a kitten.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrain T.
If it's not a Honda, Its a Nissan
Dmod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2010, 08:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Remo what gear are you in in that pic?! Looks like 1st 3rd or something looks tilted forward. And what's the deal with the extension? Wth? Lolol. So if I got a ls one I would need to grind on it a bit to make it fit into my linkage? But it has to be from a 94+ right?
91 Crx SI TGP
96 Prelude VTEC NBP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
EF9
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 18 EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!
EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

lolz im rockin a stock civic shifter with my ls swap

<- Deuce MKIa

<- Deuce MKIb
Will you make a contract with me? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Quote:
Magical spinning Doritos do not belong in cars...
EF9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2010, 06:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 20 the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!

dual bend shifters are better for taller people who sit further back. I always had to reach a litlle bit on my ebay short shifter. going with a cut down dual bend short throw on my next car.
the hoove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2010, 06:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
EF9
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 18 EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!
EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by the hoove View Post
dual bend shifters are better for taller people who sit further back. I always had to reach a litlle bit on my ebay short shifter. going with a cut down dual bend short throw on my next car.
that explains why i didn't like the dual bend my friend had lolz cuz im 5"1 or 2 and he's lik 5"6/7

<- Deuce MKIa

<- Deuce MKIb
Will you make a contract with me? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Quote:
Magical spinning Doritos do not belong in cars...
EF9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2010, 06:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

I can't find a oem shifter anywhere. I guess skunk2 dual bend it is. I can't wait to spend 110 bucks on a shifter and hav to start grinding it to fit my shift linkage lolol. Greaaattt
91 Crx SI TGP
96 Prelude VTEC NBP

Old 07-25-2010, 09:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
gonzo

theidealone It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

OEM GSR FTW. You do have to cut it down a little, but if you have an angle grinder with some cut off wheels, it takes like 10 minutes. Just base it off of your old shifter.

And that extension, I have one laying around. I HATE it. Its too much leverage, and I keep busting up the syncros with it, so I removed mine. Much more accurate without it. Circuit Hero FTL.

Oh, and you shouldnt have to cut the Skunk2 one. Just order it for a Civic. You have to cut the Integra ones, because they had a wider base, that bolts to the linkage.
theidealone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2010, 11:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Rep Power: 48 Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Levi Send a message via MSN to Levi

Ls and gsr are the same. U just have to trim the base to fit your shift linkage. If u can't do that then u have no business holding a wrench. I've have mine in my civic for 6 years w no issues.

1996 Acura Integra LS Sedan

Laying Claim To My Own Thread:

1996 Integra Project Car:
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2010, 11:49 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF9 View Post
that explains why i didn't like the dual bend my friend had lolz cuz im 5"1 or 2 and he's lik 5"6/7
5'4 here,i don't have problem with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmod View Post
OP, I have a dual bend in mine.. and i love it.. although i put shifter bushings in when i did mine. As for diffierence between LS and GSR and all.. I think the GSR is the only one you don't have to trim to fit.. the LS i put in mine.. the base where it bolts to the shifter arm is a few mm to wide to fit in a dseris linkage.. so you have to trim just a bit off.
u must got an aftermarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Ls and gsr are the same. U just have to trim the base to fit your shift linkage. If u can't do that then u have no business holding a wrench. I've have mine in my civic for 6 years w no issues.
x2, dremel works wonders
Old 07-26-2010, 12:09 AM   #15 (permalink)
gonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Ls and gsr are the same.
Almost 100% certain that the throw of a GSR is shorter, but Ive never used an LS shifter in my car, or driven an LS integra to know. But my GSR feels pretty damn short.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:12 AM   #16 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Rep Power: 48 Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Levi Send a message via MSN to Levi

Quote:
Originally Posted by theidealone View Post
Almost 100% certain that the throw of a GSR is shorter, but Ive never used an LS shifter in my car, or driven an LS integra to know. But my GSR feels pretty damn short.
I've compared them side by side. They are identical. Not to mention I do also have a ls integra lol

1996 Acura Integra LS Sedan

Laying Claim To My Own Thread:

1996 Integra Project Car:
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2010, 12:26 AM   #17 (permalink)
gonzo

So your LS Integra has pretty short shifts? Im asking, because I didnt know that.

Side by side, no chance you have pictures, do you?
Old 07-26-2010, 12:33 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

Quote:
Side by side, no chance you have pictures, do you?
no need for pics, search online for acura part numbers and compare...

here, i did it for you, since you seem to be pretty lazy.

54101-ST7-000 is the shifter for LS and GSR. meaning, same damn one.

54101-ST7-Z00 = hype-r... in case it dawns on some to ask...

Last edited by 99EJ6T; 07-26-2010 at 12:36 AM.
99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2010, 12:36 AM   #19 (permalink)
gonzo

^Good call. Wow. I had no idea.

Thanks.

[EDIT] And you seem to have an attitude problem. I thought I was pretty decent when I asked my question. I had my doubts. I didnt think to compare parts numbers in a catelog. So as for being lazy, you can go fuck yourself, just to be honest. I know you think youre clever and smart.

And it seems to be that my post count, or join date on this forum make me look like Im new to the scene. Not sure why all you pricks think your so much higher and mightier with your 200whp T25 set ups, and Vitara builds. But chances are, Ive gone faster, and made more power than most of you, for less money, with a ZC. So seriously. Take your high horse, and shove its cock through your eyeball.

Last edited by theidealone; 07-26-2010 at 12:41 AM.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:51 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

Quote:
[EDIT] And you seem to have an attitude problem. I thought I was pretty decent when I asked my question. I had my doubts. I didnt think to compare parts numbers in a catelog. So as for being lazy, you can go fuck yourself, just to be honest. I know you think youre clever and smart.

And it seems to be that my post count, or join date on this forum make me look like Im new to the scene. Not sure why all you pricks think your so much higher and mightier with your 200whp T25 set ups, and Vitara builds. But chances are, Ive gone faster, and made more power than most of you, for less money, with a ZC. So seriously. Take your high horse, and shove its cock through your eyeball.
lazy? yes cause you asked for a pic when your fingers could have figured it out in 30 seconds.

faster then i? doubt it, since you failed to even think to look up part numbers. this tells me a lot about you from word one.

join date? nope. i could care less your join date. your post count. your IQ level. nada really matters to me about you or yours. however, being lazy does attract a certain part of my attention if your posting here. normally the side that calls you an ass for being lazy.

t25, vitara? not here. but there are many that have used said combo. some that have just used the vitaras. since they have shown to hold 600 whp and power to run 9s in the right chassis, i dont think they are something to smug at.

cock in eye ball? sure, send your mom over, i will help her out with your request for me to shove my cock in her eye socket. not sure why, as that doesnt remotely being pleasure.

more power with less $$ with a ZC then i? doubtful. again, laziness comes to mind...

99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
dual bend, integra, shifter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in