What transmission is this? *PICS INSIDE* - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org ģ Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction ģ Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2010, 09:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 DarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Default What transmission is this? *PICS INSIDE*

I might buy this off a friend but it has no VIN on it so I can verify its history.

I need to make sure its a 96-00 EX tranny.
Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YOU DON'T NEED A CAMBER KIT YOU NEED AN ALIGNMENT.
DarkCreep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2010, 09:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Certified O.G.

Rep Power: 27 Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Staypuff578

Look at the stamp on the casing, it should be somewhere near the fill plug. It's a little circle that's split in half and on top there will be something like S20 and on bottom B000. IDK if those are the actual numbers you are looking for, i just used them as an example. IF you find it, post up the numbers and i'm sure someone will be able to identify it pretty quickly.

Quote:
almost as badass as my mustache, like a mustache with tits
Instagram- Spoolin_Larry
Staypuff578 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2010, 10:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staypuff578 View Post
Look at the stamp on the casing, it should be somewhere near the fill plug. It's a little circle that's split in half and on top there will be something like S20 and on bottom B000. IDK if those are the actual numbers you are looking for, i just used them as an example. IF you find it, post up the numbers and i'm sure someone will be able to identify it pretty quickly.
X2, ya beat me to it.
96HXcrap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2010, 02:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

If it is a 96 00 ex trans it will say p4a/B000 in the dime sized stamp on th trans case located above the fill hole and near where the pass side axle goes in at. I just got a 98 ex 5spd trans yesterday an it says s40 on the ink stamp stating it's 96 00 and the stamp on the case tells the gear ratio set and bearing size I.e p4a means ex short gears and b000 states that it is a big bearing d series trans. I just learned this from the help I go from fellow member of d series who helped me identify the trans I was gonna buy which I ended up buying last night
91 Crx SI TGP
94 Accord DX Coupe H22 w/ LSD
96 Prelude VTEC NBP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Z6hatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2010, 11:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 DarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to all

I will check it out tomorrow thanks.

I was just curious since my EJ8 transmission has the VIN near the top where its identifiable. This one didnt have a VIN plate nor a location for it.

Old 07-27-2010, 12:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

so far K4F = EX....

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2010, 12:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

I cant find any more markings on the tranny besides that sticker.

Where else do you guys want pictures from?

Old 07-28-2010, 12:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

casting code from the fill bolt area

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

i once heard k4f trans was shortest geared d-series trans you can get. i also was told it was exclusive to the 99-00 civic ex. i believe this is correct but there are people here that really know their stuff.
ben_00coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2010, 02:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 10 aznboy515 is learning the way of the Daznboy515 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

i believe 92-00 ex trans are exact same other than si trans have slightly shorter 5th gear ? correct me if im wrong please.
aznboy515 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2010, 02:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznboy515 View Post
i believe 92-00 ex trans are exact same other than si trans have slightly shorter 5th gear ? correct me if im wrong please.
the shift forks are different too...96-00 have steel forks

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2010, 03:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
\/ apply baby lotion here \/

Rep Power: 46 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 136 reviews

How much you getting it for?

Pata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2010, 06:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

The misinfo in this thread makes my head hurt.

Quote:
Old 07-28-2010, 08:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
Pew Pew!

Rep Power: 23 Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sammo115

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
The misinfo in this thread makes my head hurt.
No offence seņior bones. LOL
Sammo115 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2010, 04:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pata View Post
How much you getting it for?
$140

Sooo what is it guys?

Old 07-30-2010, 12:32 AM   #16 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

see post #6, that guy knows his trannys.

Quote:
Old 07-30-2010, 12:45 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
That guy seems to know his shit.

Old 07-30-2010, 02:34 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

Quote:
haha
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2010, 03:30 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 bense is starting to learn the ropesbense is starting to learn the ropesbense is starting to learn the ropesbense is starting to learn the ropesbense is starting to learn the ropesbense is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

It's good to see that I'm not missing much with my inactivity

hehe

I'm not doing any of this for the money, the fame, the glory, or attention. I'm doing this because I enjoy it.
bense is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in