Automatic d16...help. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2010, 08:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Automatic d16...help.

hey im new to the honda game..
i just bought a 1995 eg coupe..things in mint condition on the old si's.
but its automatic..i highly doubt anyone is gonna tell me to keep it but let me know people..keep it or let it go and take the hit and do a 5speed swap....
please let me know people..i will try and get pics up
-thankyou
longislandjdm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2010, 09:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

99% of the time, youre going to want to go for the 5 speed

If you wanted to build the trans for an auto turbo drag car, that would be pretty cool and effective. But besides that, go manual.
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2010, 09:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

depends on your plans and usage for the car, I have three autotragics, no plans of swapping them either.

But the "fun car" the CRX HF with Si driveline is a 5 speed, so I do have something fun to drive.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 11:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

yea im torn between it...but if i do build up my d16 planning on it hopefully...and i kept the auto id have to rip the tranns off and send it out for like race syncros and a few other things.so that it wouldnt go on me..now with a swap id need..a tranny and all linkages..master cylender...clutch and flywheel and then also a clutch cabel to be ran....bow thats all realativyly easy stuff to do...but were the hell do i put the clutch pedal?!
Old 07-20-2010, 04:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
McLOVIN

Rep Power: 17 jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!
jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longislandjdm View Post
yea im torn between it...but if i do build up my d16 planning on it hopefully...and i kept the auto id have to rip the tranns off and send it out for like race syncros and a few other things.so that it wouldnt go on me..now with a swap id need..a tranny and all linkages..master cylender...clutch and flywheel and then also a clutch cabel to be ran....bow thats all realativyly easy stuff to do...but were the hell do i put the clutch pedal?!
you put it to the left of the brake..
Old 07-20-2010, 04:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

12ozwrecker It's a JDM Star Bitches....

fuck that....super jdm. put it on the right.

Quote:
A true hot rodder is a hot rodder plain and simple Brand age etc is not that important....We are here because we hot rod Hondas, not because we ONLY hot rod Hondas.
word.
12ozwrecker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2010, 05:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
McLOVIN

Rep Power: 17 jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!
jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12ozwrecker View Post
fuck that....super jdm. put it on the right.
agreed, and on the other side of the console.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

lol hell yaa illl just turn the steering wheel and everything on the other sidee
Old 07-20-2010, 06:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

12ozwrecker It's a JDM Star Bitches....

im so jdm i drive from the passanger seat.

Quote:
A true hot rodder is a hot rodder plain and simple Brand age etc is not that important....We are here because we hot rod Hondas, not because we ONLY hot rod Hondas.
word.
12ozwrecker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2010, 08:02 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12ozwrecker View Post
im so jdm i drive from the passanger seat.
IQ

hilarious, I could never have a auto d series... 5 speed ftmfw. I am currently replacing my si 92 95 trans with a d16y8 s40 trans for the steel forks
91 Crx SI TGP
94 Accord DX Coupe H22 w/ LSD
96 Prelude VTEC NBP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Z6hatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2010, 01:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cxm
D-series soldier

Cxm It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to Cxm Send a message via AIM to Cxm Send a message via MSN to Cxm Send a message via Yahoo to Cxm

keep it auto and join the...lets see...10 or so of us on here tuning on auto's for the lulz

if you build big on auto's though, reinforce it. There have been plenty of decent muscle/sports cars over the years on automatics...honda transmissions are not one of them without work.
Cxm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in