Transmission and Clutch Help ZC - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2010, 08:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Transmission and Clutch Help ZC

Okay I have a quick question about my transmission and clutch that I purchased for it. I have the stock 4 speed transmission in my 90 Civic hatch with the Zc swap and I put a clutchmasters competition stage 4 clutch in the 4 speed transmission. If I buy a 89-91 Si Transmission will the clutch fit in there. Thanks guys and I'm only 18 so I'm a big time noob. Thanks in advance
SkinnyCivic Kid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2010, 05:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

Rep Power: 32 remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 54 reviews
Send a message via AIM to remoer Send a message via MSN to remoer Send a message via Yahoo to remoer

well yess and no. if it's a 88 ZC tranny no because it's has 21 spine but if it isn't then it a 20 spine like any D tranny 89-00. your best bet is bring a beat up extra clutch thats between 89-00 and put it on if it fits the you're golden but if it's a 89 the ext thing is find a mainshaft from a 89-91 cable trannt and swap the mainshaft. it's pretty simple ive done it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoer View Post

so now the you have the bolt off the shaft you place them like this. it's easy..

then swap the shaft..

careful with this washer when you're putting it together is a bit soft..

now here are the diffs before i swap them from top left clock wise. ZC, Si and Dx.

The suspension should always be faster than the engine - BMW

The term stage was created to make mentally slow ppl feel physically fast.

my DOHC ZC - 133.73whp and 108.48wtq (tuned on a Dynojet)
remoer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2010, 07:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I didn't use the ZC transmission that came with the engine because we didn't have the intermediate shaft for it so we just decided to use the 4spd for then and I bought a clutch for it. So you think it will fit in the 89-91 Si transmission? The stock transmission is out of a 1990 Honda Civic Hatchback. Thanks in advance remoer!
SkinnyCivic Kid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2010, 08:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

Rep Power: 32 remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 54 reviews
Send a message via AIM to remoer Send a message via MSN to remoer Send a message via Yahoo to remoer

well you have three option:
first do what i did which elimated all the headaches of axles and interm shaft. i took a Dx tranny case and diff, swapt 1st-5th, remove the FD and use the ZC FD on the DX diff(FD are the same 3.888FD)

second do the above but find a Si 4.250FD w/countershaft and swap countershaft and put the FD on the Dx diff. so i have a DX case, diff, ZC gearings w/a Si FD. this is what i did.

third: find a Si tranny swap the internals and ZC diff for a Si diff and countershaf. and bam. headache solve.

you need to make sure that it's all cable. i think about all your option.

The suspension should always be faster than the engine - BMW

The term stage was created to make mentally slow ppl feel physically fast.

my DOHC ZC - 133.73whp and 108.48wtq (tuned on a Dynojet)
remoer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
clutch, dohc, help me, transmission, zc motor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in