ZC LSD Tranny - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2010, 04:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 Crix smells like BoratCrix smells like BoratCrix smells like BoratCrix smells like BoratCrix smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Default ZC LSD Tranny

Anybody know where i can get my hands on a LSD ZC tranny?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Crix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2010, 04:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Certified O.G.

Rep Power: 27 Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Staypuff578

Edit: Sorry bud, joo can't see FS.

Quote:
almost as badass as my mustache, like a mustache with tits
Instagram- Spoolin_Larry

Last edited by Staypuff578; 07-12-2010 at 05:25 PM.
Staypuff578 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2010, 05:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 Crix smells like BoratCrix smells like BoratCrix smells like BoratCrix smells like BoratCrix smells like Borat

Hahaha thanks, but ugh ya..... Aparently im still a noob on here and cant see that yet lol...
I needa make a new thread and fill it full of random posts to get em up... lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-12-2010, 05:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Certified O.G.

Rep Power: 27 Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Staypuff578

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crix View Post
I needa make a new thread and fill it full of random posts to get em up... lol
Probably not the best idea.

Quote:
almost as badass as my mustache, like a mustache with tits
Instagram- Spoolin_Larry
Staypuff578 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2010, 05:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staypuff578 View Post
Probably not the best idea.
Ha, ya it was a joke... But thanks anyways for attempting to help...

Old 07-12-2010, 07:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

Rep Power: 32 remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 54 reviews
Send a message via AIM to remoer Send a message via MSN to remoer Send a message via Yahoo to remoer

here's my mine and this about how close you're going to see one close cause it's super hard to find and expensive. 5 years in finding one.

1st gear: 3.250 39/12
2nd gear: 1.944 35/18 dohc zc (88-91)
3rd gear: 1.346 35/26 dohc zc (88-91)
4th gear: 1.033 31/30 dohc zc (88-91)
5th gear: 0.878 29/33 dohc zc (88-91)
Final drives: 4.437 71/16 zxi/aerodeck (88-00) found in cable zxi.

The suspension should always be faster than the engine - BMW

The term stage was created to make mentally slow ppl feel physically fast.

my DOHC ZC - 133.73whp and 108.48wtq (tuned on a Dynojet)
remoer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2010, 10:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Damn dude thats sick! I want one soo bad! Soo which gear ratio you like better the ZC's or the Si tranny? Seems to me the ZC would be a heck of alot better gearing!

Old 07-13-2010, 10:20 AM   #8 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

i think B16 lsd's fit in from what i remember from Mike's CG tranny threads

(whoops just realized this was for a ZC tranny not a A1 tranny. wtf am i smoking?? lol)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.

Last edited by FarmerD; 07-13-2010 at 11:03 AM.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2010, 10:47 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 bee_afraid is a name known to allbee_afraid is a name known to allbee_afraid is a name known to allbee_afraid is a name known to allbee_afraid is a name known to allbee_afraid is a name known to allbee_afraid is a name known to allbee_afraid is a name known to allbee_afraid is a name known to allbee_afraid is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

I just picked up a hydro D15B trans and in the same shipment a buddy picked up a cable lsd zc trans...

Hmotorsonline will get one in from time to time. Just pay in full ahead of time and enjoy the long wait.
bee_afraid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2010, 11:04 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 Tyson is learning the way of the DTyson is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

i have one for sale. its SOHC, not DOHC ZC. but still get the same results of quicker gearing.

same LSD as remoer showed. but no dohc zc gearing. sohc zc came stock with our Si/DX 1-5 gears.

Last edited by Tyson; 07-13-2010 at 11:15 AM.
Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2010, 01:08 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
i have one for sale. its SOHC, not DOHC ZC. but still get the same results of quicker gearing.

same LSD as remoer showed. but no dohc zc gearing. sohc zc came stock with our Si/DX 1-5 gears.
do the sohc zc trannies have the same FD as the Si as well, or DOHC zc?
slywfbpsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2010, 02:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 GreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

hmo. i got my d15b lsd from them. i think at the time they said they had a zc lsd one as well.

GreyGoose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2010, 02:15 PM   #13 (permalink)

I called today but they didn't have any. But, I read on a post that you could just pay up front and get on a waiting list from them and wait til one comes in.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:06 PM   #14 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
Send a message via AIM to remoer Send a message via MSN to remoer Send a message via Yahoo to remoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post

werd Tyson is great guy, he has help me through the years over several boards.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:28 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 Shadow is learning the way of the DShadow is learning the way of the D

Ok call HMO again, and order a non-LSD DOHC ZC tranny, and make sure you specify the appropriate year tranny u need. Then get ahold of an MFactory dealer (theres one thats a member here) and order an LSD. Put the 2 together and you have a ZC LSD tranny, and you can get the helical type that doesn't burn out the clutches as I believe the honda ones are clutch type that require maintenance. Also, while ur at it you can put the SI final drive from an 88-91 SI tranny in there and have even shorter gears!

Otherwise you could buy Tyson's, i'll vouch for him too, and if you want the shorter gears with his you can buy a regular ZC tranny and have the gears switched into it.

Quote:
man your car is so low you need to cup your balls as you drive to prevent your nuts from scraping.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2010, 10:13 PM   #16 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

but what if the DOHC ZC tranny, or large axle is really a SOHC ZC tranny from an Integra???

They are the same externally. The Teg tranny will have normal DX/Si 1-5 with 4.437 FD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2010, 02:39 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 Tyson is learning the way of the DTyson is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
but what if the DOHC ZC tranny, or large axle is really a SOHC ZC tranny from an Integra???

They are the same externally. The Teg tranny will have normal DX/Si 1-5 with 4.437 FD.
pretty easy to tell the difference of large axle trannys, you go by the color and type of the serial number.

call nippon motors in cerritos if you want a dohc zc tranny, they have about a dozen DOHC ZC stacked in the back sandwiched between pallets. nobody wants em. and no, none of them are LSD...

Old 07-14-2010, 03:14 AM   #18 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

tyson i think bone was being comical... he should have inserted the high tension music...*dun, dun. duuuuuuuuuuuun.* lol.

Old 07-14-2010, 05:12 AM   #19 (permalink)

Of course, I can't get to the link, https://www.d-series.org/forums/2054271-post1.html since I am on noob status, but is this the same one you are selling on Honda-Tech? Does it still need the driver side axle seal replaced?
Old 07-14-2010, 10:45 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series lover

yes, i havent touched it to be honest. if it sells, it sells. thought the post would have more interest here.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in