Little help needed. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2010, 07:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Little help needed.

I have a 1990 civic dx with the d15b2, it has a full of fail auto trans. I hate automatics, but the car was stupid cheap.. I want to swap it over to 5 speed, on the cheap. How much do complete 5 speed swaps go for on here usually, since i cant see the forsale section yet. Also, if i feel the need to buy before i get 65 posts.. *very likely* what other hondas can I pull the parts out of and have it all just bolt into mine? Thanks for the help.
MidwestEF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2010, 07:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 42 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 143 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv

parts from 88-91 crx civic

pretty sure the sedan and wagon pedal set ups are different

prices will vary from person to person

dont try to buy anything cause your stay wont last long. not saying you will , but just letting ya know

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sleepingciv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2010, 07:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
EF9
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 18 EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!
EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

very rarely will you find a complete MT swap here on the d but u can find the parts needed to put ur MT kit together. as far as the actual swap goes, i think theres a thread on here sumwhere that lists all needed parts to make ur swap go, also mind you that there are a variety of flavors to choose from with the trannies cuz theres the hf, dx and si tranny with the hf being the longest and the si being shortest in gearing but usually most will grab an si cuz they're the most fun and will show improvement on any d

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<- Deuce MKIa

<- Deuce MKIb
Will you make a contract with me? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Quote:
Magical spinning Doritos do not belong in cars...
EF9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 07:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Thanks for the help. What do you mean my stay wont last long? Am I already annoying the community lol?
Old 07-11-2010, 07:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
EF9
D-series PIMP

EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!

naw well not yet lolz, but wut we mean is that don't ask for special privilidges into the FS area beofre u reach 65 posts otherwise u'll get insta gonzo stat

<- Deuce MKIa

<- Deuce MKIb
Quote:
Old 07-11-2010, 07:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

EF9, thanks for the heads up on that. I'm not really going to be picky about what tranny i get, this car has a very low chance of ever being made fast while i have it (its too rotted out). So hf si, i dont care lol. I'm well aware of what parts I'll need, just not sure of where to get them. I work 6 days a week on 2nd shift, so i dont have much time to screw around with taking parts out of another car in a junkyard etc. I barely have time to do the three S's. LOL
Old 07-11-2010, 07:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 42 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv

no your not but on a thin line on making a wtb thread.
By saying
"Also, if i feel the need to buy before i get 65 posts.. *very likely*

Just saying be carefull

Old 07-11-2010, 07:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

OOOH i see what you mean. I'm not gonna ask for special privileges haha, I'm a mod on another forum and would i know thats a no-no.. so Im not going to even ask.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

what other forum? pokeman.com? lol

Old 07-11-2010, 07:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

LOL. TeamZX2.com - The Front Page yeah... i used to have a modded zx2. It was an ugly little thing, but it would keep up with my buddies 350 camaro, and it actually handled great, had a differential made of glass though.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
EF9
D-series PIMP

so why the switch to the d? just curious cuz i joined 2 years ago wen i bought my first d hatch and have stayed since then

<- Deuce MKIa

<- Deuce MKIb
Quote:
Old 07-11-2010, 07:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

Its kind of a ****y thing really, i lost my job due to the company shutting my line down, so i went from making 15hr to nothing. I chose to use my savings to keep a roof over our heads rather than keep a car that i spend too much on anyway. I got a new job, and didnt want any more debt, so i picked this little hatch up for cheap. I've got less than 500 into it after buying it, registering it, and cleaning it up, insurance is only 9 bucks a month on it as well.. so its cheap form of transportation untill i can get my savings built back up where i want.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
EF9
D-series PIMP

ouch sorry to hear, u'll find tho that hondas will usually grow on ya, at 16 i wuz like O_O uhhhh wut is this 20 year old lunchbox, couple of months later it grew on me and i loved it till its sad end this year but the bug was still with me so i ended up getting a eg just to satisfy it

<- Deuce MKIa

<- Deuce MKIb
Quote:
Old 07-11-2010, 08:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

Yeah, i know these things can be made into serious performers. I've seen a few auto-x that where setup.. wow.. thats all i can say lol.
Old 07-11-2010, 11:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

Look around. i got my trans from a friend for 250 when he parted out his sol. as long as its a d any trans will work and most parts too. there is a thread here and on a number of other sites on how to do a auto to manual swap. total it cost me around 500-550 to get all the parts for mine. just look around on ebay, craiglist and call around to salvage yards that already have parts pulled. thats your best bet. or if you know someone whose parting out.
T@inted is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in